Ascend Behavioral Health
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Director of Residential Services
at Ascend Behavioral Health
JOB TITLE: Director of Residential Services
RESPONSIBLE TO: Executive Director
MAJOR RESPONSIBILITY: To oversee and manage the clinical and
administrative operations of a residential sites and Facility.
GENERAL DESCRIPTION OF DUTIES:
The Director of Residential Services is responsible for directly managing the programmatic implementation of residents' individualized service plans at the Facility, including the supervision of the Certified Caregivers, BHTs, BHPP, Program Coordinator and Residential Supervisor
EXAMPLES OF WORK:
1 Implements, and monitors resident programs and ITPs/ISPs.
2. Coordinates activities relative to residents' treatment goals/service plans.
3. Provides status updates to members of the Treatment Team.
4. In coordination with the psychiatrist, oversees the self-administration of psychotropic medications.
5. Administers Crisis Intervention Techniques in emergencies.
6. Supervises, trains and supports the Direct Care Professionals and facility.
7. Provides staff schedules and coverage for site.
8. Represents the agency at staffings and assigned meetings.
9. Demonstrates a broad knowledge of licensure and ensures site compliance.
10. Ensures financial and physical resources are available in an adequate supply.
11. Trains new hires
12. Policy writing and contract negotiations with Executive Director
13. Completion of Plan of corrections and Contractors audits.
14. Ensure compliance of employee files, facility, client files.
15. Marketing on as needed basis.
16. Attends all training or work shop
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
1. Ability to effectively communicate both orally and in writing.
2. Ability to multi-tasks efficiently and effectively.
3. Knowledge of behavior modification techniques.
4. Ability to manage varied types of individuals.
5. Knowledge of Behavioral Health Licensure and the ability to implement and monitor systems to ensure compliance.
6. Knowledge of various clinical disorders.
7. Ability to initiate problem-solving skills.
8. Ability to manage crises effectively.
9. The skills and knowledge to:
Protect client rights.
Provide treatment that promotes client dignity, independence, individuality, strengths, privacy, and choice.
Recognize common symptoms of a mental disorder, personality disorder, or substance abuse.
Provide the behavioral health services the agency is licensed to provide and that the staff member is authorized to provide.
Meet the unique needs of the client populations we serve
Protect and maintain confidentiality of client records and information.
Demonstrate cultural competency
Recognize, prevent, or respond to a resident who may:
Be in danger to self or others.
Behave in an aggressive or destructive manner.
Need immediate and unscheduled behavioral health services.
Need immediate medical services.
Be experiencing a crisis situation.
Read and implement a resident's treatment plan.
Access community services and resources and make a referral.
Keep records and documentation
Demonstrate ethical behavior, such as staff and resident boundaries and the inappropriateness of receiving gratuities from a resident.
Identify types of medications commonly prescribed for mental disorders, personality disorders, substance abuse, and common side effects and reactions of medications.
Recognize, prevent, or respond to a fire, disaster, hazard, and medical emergency.
HOURS OF WORK: Forty (40) hours per week; exempt position.
EVALUATION SCHEDULE: Annual.
A combination of at least four (4) years education and 12 experience in healthcare , behavioral health setting and/or a Masters Degree in health care. The ideal candidate will have a minimum of five (5) years supervising direct care personnel in a residential setting/facility or hospital setting.