Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Assistant Director of Security
at Allied Universal
- Category (Portal Searching)
- Account Manager
We are North America’s leading security services provider with over 200,000 phenomenal employees. At Allied Universal, we pride ourselves on fostering a promote from within culture. There are countless examples of individuals who began their career as Security Professionals and today hold positions on our senior leadership team. In fact, over 65% of our managerial positions are filled by internal candidates.
For all full-time positions, we offer medical, dental and vision coverage, life insurance, 401K, employee assistance programs, company discounts, perks and more! We also offer part-time and flexible schedules!
Start your phenomenal career with Allied Universal today!
Responsible for oversight and indirect management of field operations (installation and service), including development and implementation of best practices, standard operating procedures, optimization programs, and other strategic initiatives.
General Job Responsibilities:
- Observe and evaluate subordinate activities on a day-to-day basis, in order to rate performance for later evaluations.
- Issuance of discipline to subordinates for misconduct, failure in operations and attendance infractions.
- Participate in the preparation of the annual budget and exercise direct fiscal responsibility via cost effective budget management.
- Reviewing and updating policies and procedures as needed.
- Ensure University remains in compliance with Federal and State law that involves crime reporting (Clery Act).
- Conduct emergency response drills and training with all staff.
- Respond to all major incidents and emergency plans, assuming command in conformance with existing directives and perform other related duties as required and assigned.
- Ability to communicate effectively, tactfully and courteously with people at all educational levels and in a variety of situations.
- Participate on committees whose purpose will have an affect on the safety and security of those attending, working, and visiting the University i.e. Emergency Response Committee and Crisis Management.
- Provide leadership and supervision to ensure the efficiency of operations.
- Support the needs of clients, diverse guests and building tenants.
- Train, mentor, supervise and develop subordinates.
- Be the main contact for emergency agencies such as, but not limited to, NU police department or CFD.
- Bachelor’s Degree with 5 years of increasingly responsible experience in providing college campus or institutional security, law enforcement or other civil security, or equivalent experience is preferred.
- Experience or education that evidences skills to perform job functions.
- 3 years prior security experience or 2 years supervisory experience
- Experience with fire/life/safety programs preferred.
- Experience working and managing a unionized workforce preferred.
- Prior military and law enforcement experience preferred.
- Must have an excellent attendance record and exceptional performance record.
- Must have excellent written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills.
- Must have an aggressive work philosophy and strong leadership and teambuilding skills.
Allied Universal provides unparalleled service, systems and solutions to the people and business of our communities, and is North America’s leading security services provider. With over 200,000 employees, Allied Universal delivers high-quality, tailored solutions, which allows clients to focus on their core business. For more information: www.AUS.com.
We proudly support the Veteran Jobs Mission, a group of over 200 companies that have committed to collectively hiring a total of one million military veterans. EOE/Minorities/Females/Vet/Disability Allied Universal Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce.