Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Director of Operations
at Allied Universal
We are North America’s leading security services provider with over 200,000 phenomenal employees. At Allied Universal, we pride ourselves on fostering a promote from within culture. There are countless examples of individuals who began their career as Security Professionals and today hold positions on our senior leadership team.
For all full-time positions, we offer medical, dental and vision coverage, life insurance, 401K, employee assistance programs, company discounts, perks and more! We also offer part-time and flexible schedules!
Start your phenomenal career with Allied Universal today!
Allied Universal is currently hiring a Director of Operations (Dir of Ops) to oversee all Account Managers and on-site scheduled, managed business in a Mega Market by visiting client sites and ensuring the highest levels of client satisfaction and Security Professional performance. The successful Director of Operations will achieve goals and objectives, ensure the highest level of Security Officer Quality, retain quality clients by providing excellent customer service, build and retain profitable business growth and hire and develop strong talent.
Primary responsibilities for the Director of Operations include:
- Set an example as a leader with a management style that encourages participation and ownership by all, along with a continuous focus on execution, customer satisfaction, employee satisfaction and financial management
- Conduct all business with the highest of ethical and professional standards while assuring maintaining client bill rates and overseeing billbacks
- Develop and maintain strong working relationships with senior management at all accounts; key region and corporate functions and counterparts across the organization
- Oversee all managed business and client relationships
- Perform daytime client visits and post inspections
- Negotiate client account renewals
- Support and execute Performance Management and Talent Management programs and initiatives for all assigned personnel
- Continually reinforce and encourage exemplary service delivery to all clients, and ensure that all direct and indirect reports do the same, to assure client satisfaction and retention
- Conduct all business with the highest of ethical and professional standards
- Maintain confidentiality of all information and data
- Keep records and prepare accurate and timely feedback / reports as required
REQUIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
The ideal candidate will possess a Bachelor’s degree or related field plus at least 5 years of general management experience in a service industry. Contract or proprietary security services experience is preferred. In addition, we seek the following:
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, including highly effective written and oral delivery
- Dedication to high quality customer service delivery and integrity through proven client and customer relationships
- Strategic thinker with financial acumen to grow the business while maintaining and retaining current business
- Proven track record of excellence in service and financial management (awards, top rankings, etc.) using consultative client engagement
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with senior leadership, peers, subordinates, internal resources and clients
- Proven track record of developing and engaging people to achieve superior results. Passionate about coaching and development
- Proven success in hiring the best talent and effectively managing team performance
- Ability to deal with internal and external customers and to ensure compliance with fair employment practices and perform employee investigations
Key Competencies: integrity, problem solving, conflict management, time management, customer focus, timely decision making, motivating and directing others, drive for results.
Allied Universal is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce. Allied Universal will provide qualified individuals with reasonable accommodations pursuant to the Americans with Disabilities Act and/or any other applicable state or local laws. We are committed to hiring veterans and reservists. Since 2013, we have hired over 25,000 heroes.