Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Fire Lifa Safety Director - Office Building - Midtown, Manhattan
at Allied Universal
- Category (Portal Searching)
- Security Officer Level
- Workdays Available
- Monday - Friday
- Shifts Available
- Afternoon, Evening
We are North America’s leading security services provider with over 200,000 phenomenal employees. At Allied Universal, we pride ourselves on fostering a promote from within culture. There are countless examples of individuals who began their career as Security Professionals and today hold positions on our senior leadership team. In fact, over 65% of our managerial positions are filled by internal candidates.
For all full-time positions, we offer medical, dental and vision coverage, life insurance, 401K, employee assistance programs, company discounts, perks and more! We also offer part-time and flexible schedules!
Start your phenomenal career with Allied Universal today!
Allied Universal is currently looking to hire a Fire Life Safety Director for a corporate building located in Midtown, Manhattan.
- Full Time
- Work days: Monday - Friday
- Work Shift: 4pm - 12am(midnight)
- Salary: $21.05 per hour
The primary mission of the Fire Safety Director is to protect life and property through the implementation of the building's fire safety plan including the management of the Fire Command Station and the supervision of the fire brigade, floor wardens, and deputy floor wardens and building evacuation supervisors.
The successful Fire Safety Director candidate is required to act as a liaison to the NYC Fire Department during emergencies.
Expected skills and competencies necessary to perform duties include, but are not limited to:
- Ensure that all life safety systems and related equipment are fully functional.
- Ensure that all floors have fire safety teams including Fire Wardens, Deputy Fire Wardens, and Building Evacuation Team members.
- Conduct fire alarm drills and maintain a written log of critiques to identify potential or actual weaknesses in response time or life safety systems and related equipment.
- Providing clear direction, information and assistance to client visitors, guests, vendors and employees in a professional, pleasant and courteous fashion on a regular basis and during emergency situations.
- Assist the building security staff in the visual inspection of all visitor, vendor and employee access badges/identification cards to verify that the authorized holder is the individual presenting the badge/id card to prevent unauthorized access to the property.
- Maintain surveillance and reporting of any suspicious persons and/or packages.
- Perform CPR/AED and basic first aid if required.
Physical and Mental Functions:
- Stand or walk constantly (for up to an entire shift) on various surfaces (tile, concrete, carpet)
- Climb stairs, ramps, or ladders occasionally during shift
- Occasionally bend/twist at waist/knees/neck to perform various duties
- Occasionally lift or carry up to 40 pounds
- Run as needed
- Constant use of both hands and arms in reaching/handling/grasping/fingering while using phone, notepad, writing reports, and other administrative tasks
- Constant use of eyes (correctable vision to normal level required) to observe, read, interact with public and co-workers, view security monitors; includes hand/eye coordination
- Work in various environments including adverse outdoor conditions such as cold, rain or heat;
- Constant mental alertness and attention to detail required while setting priorities and following up on assignments
Qualified applicants for the Fire Safety Director position will meet the minimum requirements, as described below:
- High school diploma or equivalent required
- At least 18 years of age
- Must possess effective written and oral communication and interpersonal skills with ability to deal with all levels of personnel and the general public in a professional and effective manner; must be able to use initiative and independent judgment within established guidelines
- Must be able to frequently prepare written reports and logs in neat, legible handwriting; may require computer skills
- Must be able to read and understand all operating procedures and instructions
- Must be able to obtain a valid Guard License as required in the state for which you are applying
- As a condition of employment, employee must successfully complete a background investigation and a post-offer/pre-employment drug/alcohol test
- As a condition of continued employment, employee must maintain current active status of all required License at all times, and must carry the license at all times while on duty
- Must display exceptional customer service and communication skills
- Remain flexible to ever changing environments; adapt well to different situations
- Intermediate computer skills to utilize innovative, wireless technology at client specific sites
- Ability to maintain satisfactory attendance and punctuality standard;
- Neat and professional appearance
- Ability to provide quality customer service
- Ability to handle both common and crisis situations at the client site, calmly and efficiently
- Read, understand and clearly speak English; constantly use speech and hearing (correctable to normal level required) in communicating with public/co-workers, giving and receiving instructions, using phones
- Must be able to handle pressure of working with high volume general public (constantly to occasionally depending on assignment)
Allied Universal is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce. Allied Universal will provide qualified individuals with reasonable accommodations pursuant to the Americans with Disabilities Act and/or any other applicable state or local laws. We are committed to hiring veterans and reservists. Since 2013, we have hired over 25,000 heroes.