Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Overnight Shift Security Supervisor - Johns Hopkins University
at Allied Universal
- Category (Portal Searching)
- Security Management
- Shifts Available
We are North America’s leading security services provider with over 200,000 phenomenal employees. For all full-time positions, we offer medical, dental and vision coverage, life insurance, 401K, employee assistance programs, company discounts, perks and more! Approximately 65% of our managers were internally promoted! ?You too can start with little, to no security experience and become one of Allied Universal’s many success stories. We have great part-time and flexible schedules! Start your phenomenal career with Allied Universal today!
Allied Universal Services is currently searching for a full-time Overnight Shift Security Supervisor.
The Security Shift Supervisor will supervise and coordinate the delivery of quality services on a specific shift at John Hopkins University. Act as a liaison between site supervisor, Account Manager/Field Operations Manager and security officers. Supervise staff on assigned shift, providing coaching, recognition and discipline. The ideal candidate will have experience as a security supervisor or active service in any military branch. This position is unarmed.
- Communicates staffing needs on shift to Account Manager or Operations Manager
- Trains security officers
- Assures that officers receive appropriate training, developing them in both technical and professional skills; also may include assisting manager in performance management (coaching, counseling, disciplining, performance evaluations, recognition, etc.)
- Administers JSA’s and safety programs outlining site-specific hazards for professional security officers on assigned shift including vehicle/driving safety as appropriate to corporate procedures
- Provides the basis of a great place to work by treating staff with respect
- High school diploma or equivalent
- At least 21 years of age
- Current driver's licensure
- Minimum of 1 year security supervisory experience
- Effective written and oral communication and interpersonal skills
- Must be able to obtain a valid Guard License as required in the state for which you are applying
- As a condition of continued employment, employee must maintain current active status of all required licensure
- Must display exceptional customer service and communication skills
- Proficient computer skills
- Active listening skills
- Attention to detail
Allied Universal is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce. Allied Universal will provide qualified individuals with reasonable accommodations pursuant to the Americans with Disabilities Act and/or any other applicable state or local laws. We are committed to hiring veterans and reservists. Since 2013, we have hired over 25,000 heroes.