Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Security Specialist Software Icon New York, NY
at Allied Universal
- Category (Portal Searching)
- Workdays Available
- Monday - Friday
- Shifts Available
- Afternoon, Morning
We are North America’s leading security services provider with over 200,000 phenomenal employees. For all full-time positions, we offer medical, dental and vision coverage, life insurance, 401K, employee assistance programs, company discounts, perks and more! Approximately 65% of our managers were internally promoted! We have great part-time and full-time positions available! Start your phenomenal career with Allied Universal today!
Allied Universal is seeking a Security Specialist to oversee a Tecnhology Client for the Eastern Region. The position will be based out of New York, NY
This position is designated as a mid-level security professional to provide support in the oversight of security standards and best practices across the eastern region. Responsible for site day to day security operations and services while ensuring consistencies in operational practices and operations management methodologies across the assigned area of responsibility. Will split time between Times Square and Union Square offices with frequent travel to out of state offices.
RESPONSIBILITIES (Major Duties)
- Liaison with the Client Security Manager in process development
- Respond to all alarms and security incidents to include electronic system documentation
- Partner and assist Global Site Operations (GSO) staff including coaching, development and support of programs
- Establish and maintain excellent working relationships and a positive work ethic
- Represent Client Security in the workplace through demonstrated outstanding customer service
- Train and lead the on-site Emergency Response Team (ERT)
- Train all ERT members and other interested employees, their families, and caregivers in CPR (infant/child/adult), First Aid, and AED use
- Conduct ergonomics assessments and make recommendations concerning physical exertion and hardware changes
- Lead and assist in the development of the program
- Audit existing processes and practices for efficiencies and assist in Best Practice identification
- Assist in preparing concise/accurate reports and make recommendations for business improvements
- Provide information to GSOC in response to monthly security assessments
- Assist Site/Area Safety & Security Manager to complete annual Hazardous Risk Assessments and Site Security Assessments to include follow-up corrective actions
- Support Global Site Operations projects or initiatives
SKILL REQUIREMENTS (To Perform Job Duties)
- Excellent motivational, leadership and coaching skills
- Demonstrate ability for innovation and strategic vision
- Ability to analyze problems, determine root causes, and identify and determine results-oriented solutions
- Excellent organizational and time management ability
- Must be able to work flexible schedules with travel and perform operational duties in an emergency
- Meet all physical and background standards and pass a background check, pre-employment drug and alcohol screening
- Have a strong knowledge of security and emergency operations
- Possess a solid employment history demonstrating reliability and dependability
- An ability to effectively delegate and mobilize resources
- Ability to handle high pressure situations and make command decisions
- A highly polished and professional demeanor, and superior customer service skills
- Ability to work independently while also being a team player
- Current State-issued Security Officer License (required) and Fire Life Safety Director certificate (preferred)
- BA or equivalent experience
- Emergency Response experience and/or Training
- Some Security Systems Knowledge and Experience
- Certified AED, CPR, and First Aid Instructor (or obtain certification within 60 days of hire)
- Certified ergonomics evaluator (or obtain certification within 60 days of hire)
- Frequent travel is required. At a minimum, travel to San Jose annually and Boston & DC semi-annually. Additional travel to other Adobe locations as needed.
- Licensed EMT preferred
- Four year degree in Criminal Justice, Business Administration or related field
- Previous Contract Security, facilities management, military or law enforcement experience
- At least 2 years of business management/operations/supervisory experience (depending on size/scope of client).
- Ability to develop and grow customer relationships.
- Experience in hiring, developing, motivating and retaining quality staff.
- Outstanding interpersonal and communications skills required.
- Ability to work in a team-oriented management environment with the ability to work independently.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities, complex situations, a diverse team of employees and client requirements on an ongoing basis.
- Previous payroll, billing and scheduling experience preferred.
- Ability to work in a team-oriented management environment while having an entrepreneurial attitude.
- Key Competencies: Staff Management, Financial Management, Integrity, Problem Solving, Conflict Management, Time Management, Customer Focus, Timely Decision Making, Motivating and Directing Others, Drive for Results.
- Impressive Salary plus comprehensive medical benefits and work perks.
Allied Universal is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce. Allied Universal will provide qualified individuals with reasonable accommodations pursuant to the Americans with Disabilities Act and/or any other applicable state or local laws. We are committed to hiring veterans and reservists. Since 2013, we have hired over 25,000 heroes.