Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Senior Emergency Preparedness Manager
at Allied Universal
We are North America’s leading security services provider with over 200,000 phenomenal employees. At Allied Universal, we pride ourselves on fostering a promote from within culture. There are countless examples of individuals who began their career as Professional Security Officers and today hold positions on our senior leadership team.
ResponsibilitiesSenior Emergency Preparedness Manager Position Type Full Time Req ID 2020-432136
Allied Universal is looking to hire a Senior Emergency Preparedness Manager
The Senior Emergency Preparedness Manager Position is critical to the safety and security of our client’s workforce and facilities. Under the direction of a Vice President, the candidate supports holistic emergency preparedness activities within the clients Global Security department. The primary duties for this position are to ensure our workforce has the training, tools, and resources necessary to prepare for, mitigate, respond to, and recover from identified threats, hazards, and risks throughout the world. These threats, hazards, and risks include, but are not limited to natural disasters, workplace violence, terrorism, public health, building emergencies, fires, and issues of serious illness or injury. This position requires heavy use of computer operating systems (Microsoft Office, Everbridge, and proprietary software). The position also requires administrative, project, and program management skills. This position is also responsible for determining the organizational requirements to plan for the Life Safety Program for employees’ company wide. Requires identifying individuals and teams needed to plan and execute the life-safety plans and defines the relationship between the various teams and individuals in the Life Safety program. Oversees and provides level response capabilities of entire operations staff globally. Defines the scope, objectives, and assumptions of the Life Security plan(s) for the Life Safety Security Organization. Identifies the lines of authority, succession of management, and delegation of authority needed to ensure smooth transitioning. Responsible for hiring, training, disciplining, and terminating staff. Reviews and approves submissions of evacuation plans from security managers across the Americas. Matrix management accountability for approximately 100 people.
- Training and Exercises (20%): Provide administrative support to emergency preparedness programs, activities, and events throughout North America. Engage in active emergency preparedness related educational campaigns and initiatives by using social media like platforms, newsletters, in person events, and other methodology. Assist in the design, planning, and coordination of emergency preparedness related exercises using Homeland Security Exercise and Evaluation Program (HSEEP) methodology. Support the administration, facilitation, and record keeping of current and future emergency preparedness training efforts. Participate in industry specific security/safety/emergency preparedness training programs. Instruct / coordinate Global Security and employee training such as: American Red Cross 1st Aid, CPR, AED, Incident Management Basics & Intermediate, Everbridge, Workplace Violence Awareness & Prevention, Active Threat: Run, Hide, Fight, and other just-in-time trainings.
- Incident Management (Preparedness & Response) (20%): Assist with ensuring Building Emergency Plans and capabilities are regularly updated, validated, and shared with relevant stakeholders. Assist in After Action Review efforts following exercises and real-world incidents and exercises. Support security and emergency preparedness incidents and events. Support programming to mitigate the effects of threats, hazards, and risks to our workforce and assets company wide.
- Protection & Mitigation (10%): Engage with Global Security Operations Managers and staff to identify; threats, hazards, and risk at sites and that the workforce and visitors faces. Engage with Global Security Operations Managers to implement mitigation measures, projects, and tasks. Work with public safety and emergency management resources to identify and mitigate local threats, hazards, and risks
- Recovery (10%): In conjunction with Business Continuity Team coordinate with Global Security disaster / emergency recovery planning efforts. Engage with external stakeholders to exercise recovery and COOP efforts. Engage with Business Continuity Directors to ensure for the integration into Continuity of Operations and Recovery Programs.
- Administration (40%): Serve as a member on various emergency preparedness related workgroups and teams. Track audit and compliance requirements related to local, state, federal, and international requirements of program and activities. Maintain effective relationships with internal and external emergency preparedness stakeholders. Provide logistical coordination of emergency preparedness related equipment and supplies, AED’s, 1st Aid materials, bleeding control kits, etc. Other duties as assigned
- Operational: Supports Life Safety planning within business line to ensure continuity readiness and compliance with the Global Security Life Safe Program Standards, maintain accurate and timely updated plans, communicate plan status including enhancements and issues that could impact resiliency to the Life Safe Program Director, actively lead testing and training within business line, and support efforts during a business interruptions, times of crisis and world events as directed by the Program Director.
- Project Management:Manage relationships with Global Security Managers and Subject Matter Experts to collect data and ensure proper plan execution. Maintain the Global Security Life Safety Program including facilitation of testing exercises, development of instructional guides for business, monitoring of world events that impact personnel, and adjust plans accordingly.
- Solution Development:Assist in identification, development and implementation of processes and solutions for Global Security to provide a means and mechanism to capture, report, and understand Life Safety risk(s) and readiness in alignment with the global program. Establish relationship with business users via calls, meetings, and individual Q&A sessions and promote understanding how the program translates into data. Design reports, metrics and dashboards that provide accurate representation of Life Safety and continuity information and ensure understanding of the rationale and the value they provide.
- Risk Analysis:Proactive data analytics and reporting to identify risk, themes and trends business.
- Work on special projects assigned by the Client.
- Maintain and Support Life Safety and redundancy systems.
To perform this job successfully, the individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or experience required. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Be at least 18 years of age with high school diploma or equivalent
- Possess effective written and oral communication and interpersonal skills with ability to deal with all levels of personnel and the general public in a professional and effective manner
- As a condition of employment, employee must successfully complete a background investigation and a drug screen in accordance with all federal, state, and local laws
- Display exceptional customer service and communication skills
- BS/BA degree in Emergency Management or Public Health
- At least 5+ years equivalent experience
- Emergency Management Certification
Allied Universal provides unparalleled service, systems and solutions to the people and business of our communities, and is North America’s leading security services provider. With over 200,000 employees, Allied Universal delivers high-quality, tailored solutions, which allows clients to focus on their core business. For more information: www.AUS.com.
We proudly support the Veteran Jobs Mission, a group of over 200 companies that have committed to collectively hiring a total of one million military veterans. EOE/Minorities/Females/Vet/Disability Allied Universal Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce.