Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Site Supervisor Full Time
at Allied Universal
- Category (Portal Searching)
- Security Officer Level
- Workdays Available
- Monday - Friday, Saturday - Sunday
- Shifts Available
- Afternoon, Evening, Morning
ABOUT ALLIEDBARTON SECURITY SERVICES
AlliedBarton Security Services is the industry’s premier provider of highly trained security personnel to many industries including commercial real estate, higher education, healthcare, residential communities, chemical/petrochemical, government, manufacturing and distribution, financial institutions, and shopping centers. AlliedBarton provides superior security officer services to protect people, homes and businesses. The most honored security services provider, AlliedBarton consistently delivers exceptional service which creates a differentiated experience for clients and the people they serve. More than 60,000 employees and 120 offices serve thousands of clients with levels of protection that anticipate needs and build enduring relationships. AlliedBarton is headquartered in Conshohocken, PA, and has been American owned and managed since 1957.
Supervise and coordinate the delivery of quality services to an assigned customer. Act as a liaison between customer, Operation Manager and security officers. Supervise site staff, providing coaching, recognition and discipline within approved empowerment range.
Supervise day-to-day operations at the site. Depth and range of the following may depend on the size of the site.
- Communicate staffing needs to Operations Manager or to recruiters via Requisition Form, assisting in identifying and interviewing quality candidates.
- Assure that officers receive appropriate training, developing them in both technical and professional skills; also includes performance management (coaching, counseling, disciplining, performance evaluations, recognition, etc.)
- Assure that employee grievances are heard with help from appropriate district or region HR support employees and Operations Manager).
- Assist with the communication of policies, company announcements and job openings through a consistently updated READ file at the site.
- Provide the basis of a great place to work by treating staff with respect.
Enforcement of Contract Standards
- Help Operations Manager identify, meet and exceed the needs of the customer.
- Meet all contractual scheduled hours with a minimum of unbilled overtime.
- Coordinate and/or conduct site-specific OJT, client specific training and annual refresher training for security personnel.
- Reconcile security logs against shift responsibilities and patrols; review incident reports prior to submitting to manager and coordinate preliminary investigations.
- Perform account audits and off-hour visits, completing required documentation.
- Manage uniforms, equipment, supplies and vehicles utilized at the account, maintaining appropriate inventories and maintenance checklists.
- Administer site safety programs outlining site-specific hazards for security officers including vehicle / driving safety as appropriate to Corporate procedures
- Be prepared to participate in unemployment hearings.
- Capably utilize WinTeam for scheduling and billing, and to produce reports (such as Scheduling Activity, Training Detail reports, etc.) that require interpretation and action for effective business management.
- Enforce AlliedBarton policies as outlined in the handbooks and executive memos.
Security Officer Quality Standards:
- Comes to work; is on time and completes shift assignments (including overtime, if assigned).
- Has a neat, professional appearance and comes to work in complete and clean assigned uniform.
- Has a friendly and professional demeanor and provides quality customer service.
- Is a good communicator (both verbal and written) and is capable of handling typical and crisis situations both efficiently and effectively.
- Understands and successfully executes his/her post orders including enforcement of client and company policies, rules and regulations.
- High School Diploma or GED
- Experience required will generally be determined by size of account and resulting scope of business and management expertise needed.
- Generally: one year of security experience and one year of supervisory experience
- More advanced: BA or equivalent experience plus 3 years supervisory experience
- Computer literate (Microsoft Word, Excel, e-mail, internet, etc.)
- Good to excellent verbal and written skills
- Problem identification and solving skills
- Ability to make good decisions (judgment and common sense)
- Financial / mathematical aptitude
- Ability to deal with internal and external customers
- Ability to work a flexible schedule and to work evenings, weekends and holidays as requested
- Reliable transportation to get to work site
- Well motivated, able to work well both independently and as part of a team
AlliedBarton is known as the most responsive security services provider and it is our people that differentiate AlliedBarton. Recognized as a training leader, AlliedBarton offers on-the-job, web-based and ongoing training programs for all personnel from security officers through executive level management. Our focus on learning and development and our leadership culture helps our employees grow personally and professionally.
Are you daring enough to be a leader who sees challenges as an adventure? Embark upon an exciting career journey and Dare to be GREAT! Be daring, be GREAT, be one of us!
For additional information, please visit our website at www.AlliedBarton.com.
AlliedBarton is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Disabled/Veteran