University of New Mexico
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Clinical Research Mgr - req# 8314
at University of New Mexico
Clinical Research Mgr
|Working Title||Clinical Research Mgr|
The University of New Mexico Health Sciences Center Pediatrics Department is seeking one full-time Clinic Research Manager.
The clinical research manager oversees:
· Clinical trials for pediatric oncology, hematology, hemophilia and translational research, including multi-site clinical trials, ensuring compliance with all regulatory agency requirements
· Monitors the conduct and progress of the studies to ensure compliance, protocol and clinical study schedule
· Ensures compliance with IRB requirements
· Provides day-to-day administrative collaboration and coordination between clinical investigators, IRB staff, and national research organization
· Ensures the smooth and efficient day-to-day operation of research and data collection activities
· Reviews on-site files and records, case report forms, and source documents for completeness, accuracy, consistency and compliance
· Identifies deficiencies and discrepancies, and initiates corrective action as required
· Ensures appropriate transmission of clinical case data to the national research organization
· Reviews case report queries and problems, and clarifies and/or obtains changes to data as appropriate
· Monitors and records patient response to treatment and communicates study data and results to investigators.
· This position will also supervise two research coordinators and will work in a team to ensure the accuracy of data and all clinical trials are executed correctly.
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills are essential to this position.
The University of New Mexico Health Sciences Center Pediatrics Department encompasses a network of hospitals, clinics and community based services that are integrally linked through education and research to apply advanced medical science to the patients they serve and an abiding concern for the well-being of children to improve and restore health for New Mexico’s youngest residents. The Pediatric Hematology/Oncology group is the only pediatric practice of its kind in the state of New Mexico. We offer an opportunity to work in a range of clinical, academic, research, and/or community settings.
|Conditions of Employment|
Bachelor's degree; at least 3 years of experience directly related to the duties and responsibilities specified.
Completed degree(s) from an accredited institution that are above the minimum education requirement may be substituted for experience on a year for year basis.
|Campus||Health Sciences Center (HSC) - Albuquerque, NM|
|Department||Pediatrics Hematology Oncology (997M)|
|Staff Type||Term - Full-Time|
|Term End Date||06/30/2020|
|Pay||$3434.31 - $5151.47|
|Benefits Eligible||This is a benefits eligible position. The University of New Mexico provides a comprehensive package of benefits including medical, dental, vision, and life insurance. In addition, UNM offers educational benefits through the tuition remission and dependent education programs. See the Benefits home page for a more information.|
|ERB Statement||Temporary and on-call employees working an appointment percentage of 26 (.26 FTE) or greater, per quarter, will be eligible to earn retirement service credits and thus are required to make New Mexico Educational Retirement Board (NMERB) contributions. More information pertaining to your FTE and NMERB contributions can be reviewed on the NMERB Guidelines Clarified webpage.|
|Background Check Required||Yes|
|For Best Consideration Date||3/18/2019|
|Application Instructions||A complete application will consist of current resume, cover letter and reference. Please describe in your cover letter how you meet the preferred qualifications for the position. Include three references in your resume. The references must be former supervisors. Finalists should be prepared to provide official educational transcripts if selected for hire.|
Positions posted with a Staff Type of Regular or Term are eligible for the Veteran Preference Program. See the Veteran Preference Program webpage for additional details.
The University of New Mexico is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class.