University of New Mexico
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Mgr. Workforce Development - req# 7607
at University of New Mexico
|Working Title||Mgr. Workforce Development|
The University of New Mexico - Los Alamos Campus is seeking a full-time program manager for workforce development. This individual will coordinate workforce development training programs to promote economic development in partnership with local businesses in the Northern New Mexico Region. This manager will serve as liaison with external constituencies and provide professional guidance and leadership for these programs. This program manager will also oversee all adult basic education, federal and state grants for Adult Basic education programs, courses, activities and personnel; oversee English as a Second Language program and Community Education programs including non-credit classes and the Summer Program for Youth.
The Workforce Development Program Manager duties include:
1. Collaborate closely with Northern New Mexico employers to promote workforce development programs to promote economic development.
2. Serve as a liaison with external constituencies and provide professional guidance and leadership for workforce development in Northern New Mexico.
3. Collaborate with regional employers to develop and deliver customized training for workforce development.
4. Manage and submit Federal and State Adult Basic Education grants, ensure compliance with university, state and federal policies and regulations.
5. Manage all financial aspects of the listed programs. This includes multiple funding sources such as tuition, fees, and contracts and grants. Develop annual budgets, approve program expenditures and prepared required reports as mandated by external agencies. Oversee and coordinate the annual grant proposal submission.
6. Oversee Adult Basic Education, English as a Second Language and Community Education programs, including the Summer Program for Youth. Design, develop and oversee the curriculum for these programs to include diverse activities to engage cross-generational and cross-cultural learning.
7. Oversee program personnel. This includes the recruitment and hiring of non-credit instructors, supervision of staff and coordination of volunteers.
8. Collaborate with University Marketing personnel on schedule production, news releases and press announcements, webpage presence, social media and tabling at community events.
9. Serve as leadership for the programs and collaborate with university departments, K-12 schools, and local organizations to serve the workforce needs of the Los Alamos community and Northern New Mexico.
10. Perform miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
|Conditions of Employment|
High school diploma or GED; at least 6 years of experience 2 of which are management level experience directly related to the duties and responsibilities specified.
Completed degree(s) from an accredited institution that are above the minimum education requirement may be substituted for experience on a year for year basis.
Demonstrated success in workforce development.
Understanding of the Northern New Mexico workforce challenges.
Knowledge of local and regional employers and workforce needs.
Knowledge of federal, state and/or community funding sources and mechanisms.
Ability to work effectively independently as well as collaboratively and a desire to achieve.
Ability to manage and prioritize multiple complex tasks and to maintain deadlines.
Ability to interact with diverse constituencies.
Excellent interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills.
Professional appearance and demeanor.
Knowledge of grant funding policies and procedures and applicable local, state, federal and university regulations.
Three or more years of experience in technical writing, editing, and grant proposal preparation.
Ability to synthesize verbal and written sources of information and data into coherent program case statements that meet grantor needs and application requirements.
Strong computer literacy with established skills in Microsoft Office suite.
Demonstrated attention to detail, professional attitude, and ability to maintain confidentiality.
Proactive and action-oriented personality; strong sense of pace and urgency.
Experience developing and tracking budgets.
|Additional Requirements||Selected candidate will need to provide official transcripts.|
|Department||Los Alamos Branch|
|Staff Type||Regular - Full-Time|
|Term End Date|
|Benefits Eligible||This is a benefits eligible position. The University of New Mexico provides a comprehensive package of benefits including medical, dental, vision, and life insurance. In addition, UNM offers educational benefits through the tuition remission and dependent education programs. See the Benefits home page for a more information.|
|ERB Statement||Temporary and on-call employees working an appointment percentage of 26 (.26 FTE) or greater, per quarter, will be eligible to earn retirement service credits and thus are required to make New Mexico Educational Retirement Board (NMERB) contributions. More information pertaining to your FTE and NMERB contributions can be reviewed on the NMERB Guidelines Clarified webpage.|
|Background Check Required||No|
|For Best Consideration Date||1/22/2019|
|Application Instructions||Please upload resume or C.V. and Cover Letter. Selected applicant must provide official transcripts.|
The University of New Mexico is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class.