University of New Mexico
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Nursing Operations Manager - req# 7609
at University of New Mexico
Nurse Mgr/Critical Care
|Working Title||Nursing Operations Manager|
The UNM Comprehensive Cancer Center seeks a Nursing Operations Manager to join our Clinical Research Office (CRO). The Nursing Operations manager will serve as the Associate Director of the CRO and be involved in the overall planning and management of the CRO.
Duties and responsibilities will include, but are not limited to, the following:
· Coordinating the development and implementation of -
o Clinical trial processes and procedures to expand clinical trial access to patients across the state of New Mexico, guide research activities that advocate for patients, support human subject research regulations, and assure protocol compliance
o Clinical protocols in accordance with research parameters set out by the Principal Investigator, sponsoring agency, and regulatory bodies.
· Supervision, training, and selection of Research Nurses and Laboratory Technicians within the CRO. Guidance, training, and education to CRO staff relating to protocol treatment, care, management, and follow-up of patients enrolled on all trials, but especially highly complex research studies.
· Assuring compliance with all system, Cancer Center, and CRO quality assurance requirements, instituting controls to assure accuracy, completeness, and confidentiality of research data where necessary. Ensuring adherence to clinical trials regulations including but not limited to registry, device, medical, surgical, and outcomes research.
· Engaging relevant providers (physicians, mid-levels, clinic nurses) to identify and provide solutions to -
o Trial portfolio gaps by continually assessing the needs of clinicians and the UNMCCC patient population.
o Barriers to timely/coordinated care and actively participates to identify/implement potential solutions.
· Facilitating the interaction between the oncology clinical research program and the clinical service line components.
· Developing and executing educational in-services to internal and external stakeholders pertinent to the performance of clinical research to ensure high level and consistent services provided to UNMCCC research programs and customers.
UNM’s Comprehensive Cancer Center is the Official Cancer Center of New Mexico and the only National Cancer Institute-designated Cancer Center in a 500-mile radius. We have provided cancer care for nearly 60 percent of the adults and children in New Mexico affected by cancer. Learn more about us at http://cancer.unm.edu/jointhebest/.
|Conditions of Employment|
Associate's degree in Nursing or directly related field/discipline; at least 8 years of experience directly related to the duties and responsibilities specified.Certification/LicensureState of New Mexico Licensed Registered Nurse or licensure pending as documented by temporary licensure OR current RN licensure from a state participating in the multistate privilege to practice compact with New Mexico.
Completed degree(s) from an accredited institution that are above the minimum education requirement may be substituted for experience on a year for year basis.
· Oncology experience
· Clinical research experience
|Additional Requirements||Finalists should be prepared to provide official educational transcripts if selected for hire. |
Applicants must provide names of 3 past or present supervisors as references that the hiring official can contact.
|Campus||Health Sciences Center (HSC) - Albuquerque, NM|
|Department||CRTC Clinic Rsrch Data Management (099L)|
|Staff Type||Regular - Full-Time|
|Term End Date|
|Pay||$5,687.64 - $8,531.47|
|Benefits Eligible||This is a benefits eligible position. The University of New Mexico provides a comprehensive package of benefits including medical, dental, vision, and life insurance. In addition, UNM offers educational benefits through the tuition remission and dependent education programs. See the Benefits home page for a more information.|
|ERB Statement||Temporary and on-call employees working an appointment percentage of 26 (.26 FTE) or greater, per quarter, will be eligible to earn retirement service credits and thus are required to make New Mexico Educational Retirement Board (NMERB) contributions. More information pertaining to your FTE and NMERB contributions can be reviewed on the NMERB Guidelines Clarified webpage.|
|Background Check Required||Yes|
|For Best Consideration Date||1/26/2019|
|Application Instructions||APPLICANT: Please complete the official application; making sure to include all prior work experience and average hours worked per week. Attach your Current Resume; listing three former or current Supervisor References. Attach your Cover Letter that details how your experience matches the position as described above; including any Preferred Qualifications.|
Positions posted with a Staff Type of Regular or Term are eligible for the Veteran Preference Program. See the Veteran Preference Program webpage for additional details.
The University of New Mexico is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class.