University of New Mexico
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Program Manager - req# 5184
at University of New Mexico
|Working Title||Program Manager|
The purpose of the Federal Highway Administration’s Local Technical Assistance Program (LTAP) is to provide information and training to local governments and agencies to foster a safe, efficient and environmentally sound surface transportation system. The Federal Highway Administration partners with states to jointly fund a LTAP center in each state. The University of New Mexico’s Department of Civil, Construction and Environmental Engineering manages the LTAP center in New Mexico under an agreement with the New Mexico Department of Transportation.
The program manager will be responsible for managing the day to day operation of the New Mexico LTAP center at the University of New Mexico. These responsibilities include:
· Coordinating LTAP center activities with NMDOT and FHWA program managers and an external LTAP advisory committee,
· Building relationships and maintaining communication with local governments and agencies across New Mexico,
· Identifying transportation training and information needs of local governments and agencies in New Mexico with assistance from Civil, Construction, and Environmental Engineering faculty,
· Identifying trainers and training programs and other training resources that meet local government needs, scheduling trainings, and tracking participation in training events,
· Maintaining the LTAP center website with up to date information resources, training schedules, and LTAP center activities,
· Producing a periodic e-newsletter,
· Managing the LTAP center budget, and
· Producing regular reports on program activities for NMDOT and FHWA.
|Conditions of Employment|
High school diploma or GED; at least 6 years of experience 2 of which are management level experience directly related to the duties and responsibilities specified.
Completed degree(s) from an accredited institution that are above the minimum education requirement may be substituted for experience on a year for year basis.
|Additional Requirements||Official transcripts, High school diploma, or GED certificate will be required for hire. Please see minimum qualifications for specifics.|
|Campus||Main - Albuquerque, NM|
|Department||Civil Engineering (456A)|
|Staff Type||Term - Full-Time|
|Term End Date||4/30/2019|
|Pay||$3,434.31 - $5,151.47 Mthly|
|Benefits Eligible||This is a benefits eligible position. The University of New Mexico provides a comprehensive package of benefits including medical, dental, vision, and life insurance. In addition, UNM offers educational benefits through the tuition remission and dependent education programs. See the Benefits home page for a more information.|
|ERB Statement||Temporary and on-call employees working an appointment percentage of 26 (.26 FTE) or greater, per quarter, will be eligible to earn retirement service credits and thus are required to make New Mexico Educational Retirement Board (NMERB) contributions. More information pertaining to your FTE and NMERB contributions can be reviewed on the NMERB Guidelines Clarified webpage.|
|Background Check Required||No|
|For Best Consideration Date||6/27/2018|
|Application Instructions||A complete application includes your resume, references from at least 3 past direct supervisors, and a cover letter addressing our posted preferred qualifications.|
The University of New Mexico is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class.