University of New Mexico
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Sr Program Manager - req# 8269
at University of New Mexico
Sr Program Manager
|Working Title||Sr Program Manager|
The CTSC Sr. Program Manager will oversee the quality and efficiency program (Q&E), and the tracking and evaluation (T&E) aspects of the CTSC. This position is part of the CTSC Executive Planning Team and provides the CTSC PI, and leaders’ routine reports on metrics and milestones. This position will be responsible for day-to-day activities to assure quality, efficiency, and continuous improvement (CI) across the spectrum of clinical and translation research (CTR) at our institution. The position will partner with consortia members and among other CTSA hubs to enhance quality and efficiency and ensure optimal integration of clinical and research activity for multi-site projects. The position is responsible for implementing a robust tracking and evaluation process and adapting Lean-based quality improvement so that we continuously learn, adapt, and deploy best practices, modifying as needed. This position will work closely with UNMH Lean quality unit, to develop and manage a comprehensive approach to quality improvement for clinical and translational research. The Sr. Program Manager will work with other CTSC managers to 1) develop an engaged workforce that can innovate and solve problems they encounter in their daily work, 2) teach and use a systematic methodology that respects individuals and their knowledge to identify problems and solutions, and 3) clarify and apply a system-level standardized approach to process improvement.
Duties and responsibilities:
1. Plans, develops, implements, and coordinates CTSC’s Q&E program as well as CTSC’s T&E program; defines operational policies and procedures for the CTSC’s Q&E program, as well as for the T&E program and establishes and monitors the programs goals, objectives and methodologies to meet program goals.
2. Designs and implements systems and processes to establish and maintain records for CTSC’s Q&E and T&E Program. Ensures accurate and complete data is collected for the Q&E Program and prepare complex reports using this data.
3. Establish and implement short-and long-range goals, objectives, policies and operating procedures to effect change for positive improvement in not only the unit, but also within CTSC programs.
4. Directs, manages, and oversees the daily administrative components of CTSC’s Q&E and T&E program. This includes managing day to day activities, tracking of utilization, and billing for NERD core.
5. Designs, establishes, and maintains staffing and an organizational structure of the CTSC Q&E and T&E programs. Includes: Work Allocation, Training, enforcement of internal procedures and controls, problem resolution, performance evaluations, motivation toward peak productivity and performance. Currently this position will supervise writers, a Team Strategist, Program Coordinator and a Student Office Assistant.
6. Management of the MRF building which includes work order requests and building access and lab issues.
7. Collaborates with UNMH Lean Quality Unit, Consortia member and other CTSA hubs to develop and manage a comprehensive approach to quality improvement with CTR.
8. Represents the university to various institutional divisions as well as externally to governmental agencies, funding agencies, national organizations, and the general public.
9. Performs miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
TERM APPOINTMENT; FUNDING AVAILABLE THROUGH 03/31/2020; CONTINUANCE BEYOND THAT DATE SUBJECT TO AVAILABILITY OF ADDITIONAL FUNDING. The UNM Clinical Research Center (CTSC) has over 35 years of continuous funding as a well established NIH FUNDED research center.
|Conditions of Employment|
High school diploma or GED; at least 7 years of experience directly related to the duties and responsibilities specified; two of which are management level experience.
Completed degree(s) from an accredited institution that are above the minimum education requirement may be substituted for experience on a year for year basis.
|Campus||Health Sciences Center (HSC) - Albuquerque, NM|
|Department||CTSC Administration Gen (672B)|
|Staff Type||Term - Full-Time|
|Term End Date||03/31/2020|
|Pay||$3956.33 to $5924.53|
|Benefits Eligible||This is a benefits eligible position. The University of New Mexico provides a comprehensive package of benefits including medical, dental, vision, and life insurance. In addition, UNM offers educational benefits through the tuition remission and dependent education programs. See the Benefits home page for a more information.|
|ERB Statement||Temporary and on-call employees working an appointment percentage of 26 (.26 FTE) or greater, per quarter, will be eligible to earn retirement service credits and thus are required to make New Mexico Educational Retirement Board (NMERB) contributions. More information pertaining to your FTE and NMERB contributions can be reviewed on the NMERB Guidelines Clarified webpage.|
|Background Check Required||No|
|For Best Consideration Date||3/11/2019|
|Application Instructions||Cover letter, Resume, 3 supervisor references*All 3 documents must be attached to be considered for position.|
Positions posted with a Staff Type of Regular or Term are eligible for the Veteran Preference Program. See the Veteran Preference Program webpage for additional details.
The University of New Mexico is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class.