UNM Medical Group
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Director, Health System Meaningful Use Programs
at UNM Medical Group
Health System Meaningful Use
Commensurate with experience
# of Openings:
Job Code/Title: X7011/ Director, Health System Meaningful Use Programs
OPEN UNTIL FILLED
UNM Medical Group, Inc. (UNMMG) is the practice plan organization for physicians and other medical providers associated with the UNM Health Sciences Center. UNM Medical Group, Inc. is a New Mexico non-profit corporation and is an equal opportunity employer. UNMMG offers a competitive salary and an attractive benefit package which includes medical, dental, vision, and life insurance as well as tuition assistance, paid leave and 403b retirement for benefits eligible employees.
Develops, implements, and provides ongoing leadership and strategic direction for all Federal quality programs including the interoperability program for the UNM Health System that ensures the use of Electronic Health Records (EHR) and the use of supporting technology to track and monitor clinical quality, billing, and other program requirements and expected outcomes.
The following statements are intended to describe, in broad terms, the general functions and responsibility levels characteristic of positions assigned to this classification. They should not be viewed as an exhaustive list of the specific duties and prerequisites applicable to individual positions that have been so classified.
Develops, implements, and provides ongoing leadership and strategic direction for a Meaningful Use (MU) program for the UNM Health System that ensures the meaningful use of Electronic Health Records (EHR) and the use of supporting technology to track and monitor clinical quality, billing, and other program requirements and expected outcomes. Oversees training, planning and execution of all MU projects including metrics and works collaboratively with physician groups and clinic managers to ensure compliance with program requirements. Serves as a liaison between IT, Clinical Practice Excellence, Quality and all clinical users.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Develops and manages a Meaningful Use Program for the UNM Health System; oversees and is responsible for program operations and outcomes.
- Provides leadership direction for the development of policies, procedures and standards for the MU program; develops and initiates plans, guidelines, project timelines and metrics required for eligibility and achievement of MU status.
- Serves as organization subject matter expert for EHR program and its requirements for regulatory compliance; performs high level analysis and research to identify program deliverables and to guide decision making by key management.
- Serves as point person for questions and concerns regarding program participation and related implications.
- Working with department chairs, medical directors and clinic managers oversees the MU attestation process and ensures compliance with program requirements; maintains attestation records and documentation for potential audits.
- Coordinates and oversees audit process and responses
- Works collaboratively with IT and other clinical users to design, develop, evaluate, validate and implement the use of data analysis tools to track and monitor outcomes and progress toward goals.
- Works actively with the Quality Program to establish and monitor inpatient clinical quality measures.
- Leads the analytical process and monitors practice management system and reporting to ensure that that system is meeting the needs of the practice to attain compliance with MU requirements.
- Develops and conducts training programs for physicians to ensure global knowledge of program criteria, process, and benefits of compliance; provides resources necessary to affect behavioral and practice changes which will mitigate compliance gaps and positively impact revenue gains/losses.
- Works collaboratively with other quality programs to support quality initiatives that impact MU and to avoid overlap of functions.
- Provides regular feedback and reports to Key management; monitors progress toward goals, identifies problems and offers data driven alternative solutions and recommendations for action.
- Performs other related duties and responsibilities as required or assigned.
Minimum Job Requirements
Bachelor’s degree in Business, Health Care Administration, or related field with at least 8 years of progressively more responsible, directly related experience. Verification of education and licensure (if applicable) will be required if selected for hire.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required
- Ability to maintain a working knowledge of applicable federal laws and regulations related to MU and to ensure that they are incorporated into the program and communicated to end users.
- Working knowledge of federal payer standards, CMS expectation and MU requirements and guidelines.
- Current knowledge of health care reform.
- Working knowledge and understanding of clinical quality measures.
- Ability to work collaboratively with multiple players representing different functional areas in a way which results in ability to meet organizational needs in a time sensitive way.
- Working knowledge and experience with IT systems.
- Strong analytical and metrics development skills.
- Experience in working with health informatics.
- Ability to manage projectsand multi-task
- Demonstrated strong written, verbal and presentation skills.
- Work background in a healthcare setting
- Knowledge of clinic workflow and fiscal management systems and processes.
- Ability to work with clinic informatics and EHR technology.
- Experience in process and quality improvement.
- Ability to work in a team environment either as a team leader or member
Conditions of Employment
- Employees in this job title are subject to the terms and conditions of an employment contract. Employment contracts are typically subject to review and renewal on an annual basis.
- Must be employment eligible as verified by the U.S. Dept. of Health and Human Services Office of Inspector General (OIG) and the Government Services Administration (GSA).
- Must pass a pre-employment criminal background check.
- Fingerprinting, and subsequent clearance, is required.
- Must provide proof of varicella & MMR immunity or obtain vaccinations within 90 days of employment.
- Must obtain annual influenza vaccination.
- If this position is assigned to a clinical area, successful candidate will be required to complete a pre-placement medical evaluation/health screen. Required N-95 mask fitting, testing, vaccinations to include annual TST, Tdap, and Hepatitis B will be determined based on location and nature of position.
Working Conditions and Physical Effort
- Work is normally performed in a typical interior/office work environment.
- No or very limited exposure to physical risk.
- No or very limited physical effort required.