UNM Medical Group
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Executive Director, Clinical Operations
at UNM Medical Group
UNMMG Clinical Operations Group
# of Openings:
Position Class Code/Title: X8002 / Executive Director, Clinical Operations
FLSA : Exempt
FOR BEST CONSIDERATION DATE: OPEN UNTIL FILLED
UNM Medical Group, Inc. (UNMMG) is the practice plan organization for physicians and other medical providers associated with the UNM Health Sciences Center. UNM Medical Group, Inc. is a New Mexico non-profit corporation and is an equal opportunity employer. UNMMG offers a competitive salary and an attractive benefit package which includes medical, dental, vision, and life insurance as well as tuition assistance, paid leave and 403b retirement for benefits eligible employees.
UNM Medical Group, Inc. is currently seeking an Executive Director, Operations to create and promote an environment of leadership and direction for UNMMG’s Clinical Operations. The Executive Director will also be responsible for the leadership, management, financial, and efficient performance of clinical functions. Working in a dynamic academic health center, this individual must work collaboratively with leaders throughout the UNM Health System, including the UNM Medical Group, the UNM School of Medicine and affiliated hospitals. In addition to strong clinical operational skills, the ideal person for the position must have strong communication and relationship building skills.
The following statements are intended to describe, in broad terms, the general functions and responsibility levels characteristic of positions assigned to this classification. They should not be viewed as an exhaustive list of the specific duties and prerequisites applicable to individual positions that have been so classified
Reports to the Chief Executive Officer and oversees the UNMMG Clinical Operations Group and works collaboratively with University Hospital, UNM Health System, Sandoval Regional Medical Center and Clinical enterprises in the School of Medicine; will facilitate and support the mission and vision of the UNM Medical Group. Responsible for the leadership, management, financial and efficient performance of all Clinic Operations, Locum Tenens, UNMMG Facilities and Lean process management and workflow. Aligns with and works collaboratively with the Chief Executive Officer, Chief Medical Officer and Associate Chief Medical Officer to execute all clinical outreach programs, develop new programs, ensures quality of care through development and oversight of quality standards and develops processes and practices which will result in efficiency, cost effectiveness and optimal performance in Clinic Operations. Develops and ensures adherence to policies and procedures throughout all areas of responsibility.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Directs activities of all UNMMG Clinic Operations’ clinics, services and programs in accordance with UNMMG policies and objectives; ensures that the mission, values and strategic objectives are integrated into projects and programs.
- Collaborates and aligns with the School of Medicine Chairs and Department Administrators to support and implement strategic/business development initiatives in their respective Clinic Operations’ settings.
- Participates as needed in the preparation of strategic business plans to support new programs and service line expansion proposals within UNMMG Clinic Operations, and the Health System.
- Responsible for full operational implementation of any new UNMMG Clinic operation upon approval from UNMMG CEO and Health System leadership.
- Develops and/or oversees the development of plans and makes recommendations relative to organizational and departmental operations including but not limited to, organizational structure, space utilization and layout, equipment use, work flow, staffing, etc.
- Ensures compliance with all regulatory agencies governing health care delivery and the rules of accrediting bodies by continually monitoring appropriate organizational operations, programs, and
- Ensures that patient safety-related policies, procedures and protocols are followed throughout the ambulatory care system; proactively works to improve patient safety by refining policies, identifying, reporting and correcting environmental conditions and/or situations that may put a patient at undue risk.
- Oversees maintenance of throughout the Health System clinical operations
- Investigates in a timely manner all patient and staff complaints and recommends solutions.
- Oversees and manages the ongoing development, direction, supervision and administration of the outpatient care departments for UNMMG, ensuring efficiency, cost effectiveness and optimal performance of personnel in Ambulatory Services.
- Collaborates and actively works with the UNMMG and Health System leadership to ensure an alignment of services, practices and policies within Clinic Operations, and all areas of responsibility.
- Partners with the CEO, CMO and ACMO of UNMMG to support education and research.
- Conducts studies as needed for management and growth and development of Clinic Operations and as requested by senior management; includes but is not limited to growth planning, effectiveness of interventions, new products and offerings assessment.
- Participates in UNMMG's Quality Council and Practice Oversight Council, promotes a culture of quality in all activities and contacts, educates and informs personnel regarding quality activities as appropriate.
- Performs miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
MINIMUM JOB REQUIREMENTS
Bachelor’s degree in Business or equivalent required; plus 10 years of increasingly responsible executive management experience in a medical group setting. Master’s Degree preferred. Verification of education and licensure (if applicable) will be required if selected for hire.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES REQUIRED
- Ability to develop strategic and tactical plans, and prioritize and organize projects to meet deadlines.
- Project management skills and the ability to resolve complex problems and issues.
- Skill in examining and re-engineering operations and procedures, formulating policy, and developing and implementing new strategies and procedures.
- Knowledge of federal, state, and local regulations, guidelines, and standards in area of expertise and specifically in health care delivery.
- Knowledge of current and emerging trends in technologies, techniques, issues, and approaches in ambulatory practices.
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT
- Employees in this job title are subject to the terms and conditions of an employment contract. Employment contracts are typically subject to review and renewal on an annual basis.
- Must be employment eligible as verified by the U.S. Dept. of Health and Human Services Office of Inspector General (OIG) and the Government Services Administration (GSA).
- Must pass a pre-employment criminal background check.
- Fingerprinting, and subsequent clearance, is required.
- Must provide proof of varicella & MMR immunity or obtain vaccinations within 90 days of employment.
- Must obtain annual influenza vaccination.
- If this position is assigned to a clinical area, successful candidate will be required to complete a pre-placement medical evaluation/health screen. Required N-95 mask fitting, testing, vaccinations to include annual TST, Tdap, and Hepatitis B will be determined based on location and nature of position.
WORKING CONDITIONS AND PHYSICAL EFFORT
- Work is normally performed in a typical interior/office work environment.
- No or very limited exposure to physical risk.
- No or very limited physical effort required.