UNM Medical Group
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at UNM Medical Group
Commensurate with experience
# of Openings:
Position Title: Project Manager
BEST CONSIDERATION DATE: OPENED TILL FILLED
Please note: This is a grant funded term position with the opportunity of being extended.
UNM Medical Group, Inc. (UNMMG) is the practice plan organization for physicians and other medical providers associated with the UNM Health Sciences Center. UNM Medical Group, Inc. is a New Mexico non-profit corporation and is an equal opportunity employer. UNMMG offers a competitive salary and an attractive benefit package which includes medical, dental, vision, and life insurance as well as tuition assistance, paid leave and 403b retirement for benefits eligible employees.
This position is for the UNM Center for Telehealth serving the UNM Health System. The job will need the project management of a key initiative to fulfil grant deliverables and expand telehealth services statewide. The temporary role may open up to a permanent role as the grant ends to incorporate more projects internal to UNM. Knowledge about Information Technology is critical to this role; preference will be given to candidates who have experience in IT as well as healthcare.
The successful Project Manager will have excellent communication, organization, and follow-up skills while working with a variety of clinics, personnel, and projects across and outside UNM.
Telehealth is rapidly growing and will require flexible thinking, the ability to learn and apply concepts quickly as well as the capacity to innovate/imagine new solutions to existing problems and business processes. The role will develop workflows that are used to train people to meet objectives for care via telehealth.
Basic understanding of IT software and hardware concepts will be key to project planning telehealth solutions as well as being comfortable with video conferencing technology. We anticipate this role will be highly rewarding as the work will benefit countless New Mexicans across the state. The Center for Telehealth is a highly communicative and collaborative team that looks forward to welcoming someone interested in a role with little to no patient involvement but a high impact on NM's health delivery ecosystem.
Under general supervision, leads in the development, planning, and management of departmental assignments. Achieves project objectives within established deadlines, and within budget. Responsible for overall direction, coordination, implementation, execution, control and completion of specific projects ensuring consistency with organizational strategy, quality, commitments and goals.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Uses independent judgement to plan and coordinate project scope and deliverables. Takes projects from original concept through final implementation, integrating structured project management methodology. Ensures that realistic project, quality, change control and risk management processes are maintained; makes recommendations and provides updates to senior leadership on project progress.
- Provides practice and project leadership to the project team, and takes appropriate action where team performance deviates from agreed parameters.
- May participate in departmental management team; may supervise or provide functional direction to assigned staff.
- Participates in the research and develops strategic analysis and initial proposal process for large scale, projects of advanced complexity; projects are typically in support of organizational strategic initiatives as directed by senior leadership.
- Works with senior leadership in developing project funding source; monitors costs, timescales and resources used, and takes action where these deviate from agreed-on tolerances.
- Provides specialized analysis and consultation on the design and implementation of effective administrative processes, to include process analysis, redesign, and organizational effectiveness.
- Participates in various infrastructure processes to include, but not limited to, change management, capacity planning, and release management.
- Manages the project change control procedure, and ensures that project deliverables are completed within planned cost, timescale and resource budgets, and are approved. Works with all project participants to ensure that changes to the work environment, as a result of any project, are fully examined and processed according to established change management processes.
- Acts as representative of the project team for the project management aspect when providing project status to senior leadership and stakeholders.
- Creates and facilitates communications for project teams, sponsors, and organization constituents. Provides regular and accurate reports to senior management and stakeholders as appropriate.
- Maintains currency of knowledge with respect to evolving methodologies for technical project execution and may lead the adoption of new methods.
- Performs miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
MINIMUM JOB REQUIREMENTS
Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field, with at least 5 years of directly related experience in project management and certificates in project management. Verification of education and licensure (if applicable) will be required if selected for hire.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES REQUIRED
- Proven working experience in project management
- Excellent client-facing and internal communication skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Solid organizational skills including attention to detail and multitasking skills
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT
- Must be employment eligible as verified by the U.S. Dept. of Health and Human Services Office of Inspector General (OIG) and the Government Services Administration (GSA).
- Must pass a pre-employment criminal background check.
- Fingerprinting, and subsequent clearance, is required.
- Must provide proof of varicella & MMR immunity or obtain vaccinations within 90 days of employment.
- Must obtain annual influenza vaccination.
- If this position is assigned to a clinical area, successful candidate will be required to complete a pre-placement medical evaluation/health screen. Required N-95 mask fitting, testing, vaccinations to include annual TST, Tdap, and Hepatitis B will be determined based on location and nature of position.
WORKING CONDITIONS AND PHYSICAL EFFORT
- Work is normally performed in a typical interior/office work environment.
- No or very limited exposure to physical risk.
- Moderate physical activity. Requires handling of average-weight objects up to 25 pounds or standing and/or walking for more than four (4) hours per day.