UNM Medical Group
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at UNM Medical Group
UNMMG Clinical Operations Group
# of Openings:
Position Class Code/Title : A5025 / Quality Manager
OPEN UNTIL FILLED
BEST CONSIDERATION DATE: FEBRUARY 1, 2019
UNM Medical Group, Inc. (UNMMG) is the practice plan organization for physicians and other medical providers associated with the UNM Health Sciences Center. UNM Medical Group, Inc. is a New Mexico non-profit corporation and is an equal opportunity employer. UNMMG offers a competitive salary and an attractive benefit package which includes medical, dental, vision, and life insurance as well as tuition assistance, paid leave and 403b retirement for benefits eligible employees
The UNMMG Clinical Operations Group is currently seeking a Quality Manager to join our vibrant and dynamic team! We are searching for a premier quality professional with a keen eye to process improvement. This position requires an energetic self-starter and must be willing and eager to learn the oversight of the UNMMG quality and regulation environment. The successful candidate will be responsible for overseeing the development and execution of quality improvement plans as well as monitoring the adherence to regulatory and patient safety activities in multiple specialty clinics. This individual will oversee specialty consultants in the areas of Infection Prevention, Environment of Care Safety, Consultant Pharmacy and Medication Management, etc. This position is also responsible for the coordination and oversight of the AAAHC accreditation process and the monthly quality work group meetings. The successful candidate will be skilled in the coaching of clinical personnel in quality improvement and patient safety processes as well as data interpretation of outcome measures and report compilation for senior leadership.
The following statements are intended to describe, in broad terms, the general functions and responsibility levels characteristic of positions assigned to the classification. They should not be viewed as an exhaustive list of the specific duties and prerequisites applicable to individual positions that have been so classified.
Responsible for the coordination and support of established Clinical Quality programs for UNMMG. Plan and coordinate compliance and preparation activities. Responsible for compiling, formatting, analyzing, interpreting and reporting data relative to patient care systems required for an effective, comprehensive, integrated performance improvement program at UNMMG. Ensure adherence to UNMMG departmental policies and procedures. Serve as agent to the Health System quality to promote integration and alignment. No patient care assignments.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Develop, facilitate, monitor UNMMG quality performance improvement plan to assure compliance with accrediting agencies to enhance quality and safety of patient care.
- Manage Sentinel Events, root cause analysis and regulatory action plans.
- Serve as consultant in clinical quality and regulatory compliance issues to managers, staff, and medical staff.
- Coordinate regulatory inspections, including tracers, periodic quality performance review self-assessment for AAAHC and other regulatory agencies.
- Serve as resource and consultant to the UNMMG Quality Work Group and other committees. Continue accreditation readiness.
- Serve as quality and safety coach for each clinic.Work with clinics and medical staff to identify clinical quality problems.Plan, develop and implement process improvement activities.
- Research, coordinate and assist in the development, dissemination and implementation of patient care guidelines as applied to individual clinical protocols.
- Collate and report on variations in practice patterns on an on-going basis.
- On a yearly basis, review and implement the UNMMG Quality and Safety Management program.Periodically assess the overall effectiveness and direction of the UNMMG Quality and Safety Management program on a yearly basis
- Educate medical staff and managers in monitoring, evaluating and improving clinical quality and safety of care and regulatory compliance.
- Monitor clinical quality, risk management, and operational issues and assist clinics with resolution.
- Chair Quality Work Group and assure implementation of those action items.
- Maintain active membership in pertinent committees and provide support or facilitation when necessary.
- Serve as consultant in outcome measure definition data analysis, interpretation, and reporting relative to patient care information systems for UNMMG clinics, and medical staff.
- Display and report data in a statistically accurate/valid and clinically relevant manner in appropriate visual formats to UNMMG clinics and committees.
- Apply appropriate statistical tests to data as required.
- Oversee all data management functions within the UNMMG.
- Responsible for aligning the UNMMG quality plan to Health System quality and safety goals.
- Manage, monitor, develop and implement UNMMG Clinical Operations Group Policies/Procedures
- Manage the UNMMG Infection Prevention and Control Program
- Manage the UNMMG Pharmacy Consultant services
MINIMUM JOB REQUIREMENTS:
Bachelor’s Degree in discipline field with five (5) years of direct related job experience. Verification of education and licensure (if applicable) will be required if selected for hire.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- Ability to effectively communicate with physicians and their staff.
- Ability of make administrative and procedural decisions and judgment.
- Ability to investigate and analyze information and draw conclusions.
- Ability to develop and deliver presentations.
- Ability to process computer data, format and generate reports.
- Skill in the developing policy and procedure documentation.
- Knowledge of related accreditation and certification requirements.
- Knowledge of performance improvement techniques.
- Ability to analyze, interpret, and draw inferences from research findings, and prepare reports.Must have information research skills.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing with all levels of the organization.
- Ability to use independent judgment and to manage and impart confidential information.
- Program planning and implementation skills.
- Proficiency in the use of computers, word processing and/or data entry skills.
- Database management skills including query and report generation.
- Ability to maintain calendars and schedule appointments.
- Ability to create, compose, and edit written materials.
- Organizing and coordinating skills.
- Ability to record and transcribe meeting minutes.
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT:
- Must be employment eligible as verified by the U.S. Dept. of Health and Human Services Office of Inspector General (OIG) and the Government Services Administration (GSA).
- Must pass a pre-employment criminal background check.
- Fingerprinting, and subsequent clearance, is required.
- Must provide proof of varicella & MMR immunity or obtain vaccinations within 90 days of employment.
- Must obtain annual influenza vaccination.
- If this position is assigned to a clinical area, successful candidate will be required to complete a pre-placement medical evaluation/health screen. Required N-95 mask fitting, testing, vaccinations to include annual TST, Tdap, and Hepatitis B will be determined based on location and nature of position.
WORKING CONDITIONS AND PHYSICAL EFFORT:
- Work is normally performed in a typical interior/office work environment.
- No or very limited exposure to physical risk.
- Work involves sitting most of the time, but may involve walking or standing for brief periods of time.Walking and standing are required only occasionally and all other sedentary criteria are met.
- Sedentary Work: Exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally and/or a negligible amount of force frequently to lift, carry, push, pull, or otherwise move objects, including the human body.
- No or very limited physical effort required.