Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Supervisor Patient Access
at Valleywise Health
Facility: Valleywise Comprehensive Health Center - Peoria
Department: VCHC Registration
Schedule: Regular FT 40 Hours Per Week
Under the direction of the Patient Access Manager, the Supervisor Patient Access provides leadership and oversight of the Patient Assistance Center. Supports scheduling, pre-registration, insurance verification, authorizations, and customer service for primary care and specialty care. Responsible for supervising day-to-day operations of centralized pre-services in a call center environment. Monitors productivity and performance standards while providing back-up coverage for all functions to enable the department to achieve its productivity and goals.
- Requires a high school diploma or GED
- Prefer an Associate's or Bachelor's degree in Business, Finance, Healthcare profession or related field.
- Must have a minimum of five (5) years of progressively responsible patient access operations experience within the registration, scheduling or referral process in a hospital or physician office setting that demonstrates an understanding of the required knowledge, skils and abilities.
- Prefer experience in a supervisory capacity.
- Lean Six Sigma preferred.
- Certified Healthcare Asscess Associate (CHAA) preferred.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Must have knowledge and understanding of insurance verification and DES/AHCCCS programs and eligibility factors.
- Requires excellent data entry skills including, 10-key by touch, and the ability to type 40 words per minute accurately.
- Basic math skills required.
- Basic knowledge of medical terminology required.
- Basic knowledge of third-party payors required.
- Must have the ability to supervise and coordinate the work of subordinate personnel in a manner conducive to full performance and high morale.
- Must be approachable, people oriented, and a good listener.
- Must be able to communicate effectively and have excellent customer service skills.
- Must possess the ability to think critically in stressful situations, effectively communicate both written and verbal, and strong computer skills and functional knowledge of systems and applications.
- Requires the ability to be a creative, independent thinker.
- Must exhibit a high degree of professionalism, customer service, and enthusiasm.
- Must possess solid analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Bilingual in Spanish preferred.
- Data collection, interpretation skills required.
- Must be a change agent able to develop, implement and maintain policies and processes.
- Requires the ability to read, write and speak effectively in English.