Vanco Payment Solutions
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Director of QA
at Vanco Payment Solutions
We are excited to continue enhancing our best-in-class product portfolio! At Vanco, we offer our clients solutions that allow them to accept credit, debit and other electronic payments securely and seamlessly. As a market leader, we work primarily to meet specialized payment needs for more than 20,000 nonprofits and school systems.
Vanco is seeking an experienced QA leader to fill the role of Software Quality Assurance Director. In this role, you would be communicating and working with IT, Infrastructure, Security, Customer Service and the Product team and reporting to the Chief Technology Officer.
In this role, you will be responsible for quality assurance across the entire suite of Vanco products, owning the strategy, process, and methodology for the QA team. You will work closely with the technical leadership to define the QA strategy and executing to exceed the quality goals set forth by the company.
This role has three direct reports and the QA team totals 20 people across the organization. The teams are distributed and very agile, so we are looking for someone who is a great communicator, flexible and has real agile leadership. It would be great if you have managed QA at a company with multiple products and added complexity.
What you’ll be doing:
As a QA Director, you will
- Define QA strategy, methodology, and execution plans to meet or exceed company goals for quality
- Provide leadership and mentoring to current QA leads and staff
- Provide technical expertise to Test Automation team and clear vision for manual and exploratory testing
- Oversee hiring process including interviews, onboarding, training, and performance evaluation
- Ensure teams adhere to methodology and best practices defined by the broader QA strategy and execution plans
- Define common tools and techniques across teams
- Focus on continuous improvement
- Own quality KPIs and communicate to leadership
- Manage ongoing training of QA staff
- Work closely with Software Development leadership to ensure quality execution across all products
Who you are:
- You are a US Citizen or Green Card Holder
- You have about 10 years of experience in QA
- You have demonstrated ability to develop, communicate, and execute a broad QA strategy for a company
- You are a hands-on leader who can lead by example
- You have experience overseeing multiple projects & teams
- You have experience in managing test automation
- You are an excellent communicator, verbal and in writing
- You have a history of leading teams in agile environments
- You are able to recognize talent, develop individuals, and build strong teams
- You retain the ability to review and prioritize large volumes of data
- You have strong management skills, including conflict resolution
- You are able to commute to and work out of our office in Bloomington, MN
It is a bonus if you have experience in the payments industry or with managing distributed teams (both local and off-shore).
What we offer:
- 100% Employer Paid Health Insurance Base Plan, Dental, Vision, Life and Accident Insurance
- Paid Holidays and 4 weeks PTO
- 401(k) Plan with employer match
- Opportunities to lead and develop your team and create processes and structure
- Competitive benefits and pay
- Small collaborative teams where you can impact both outcome and culture
- Ongoing professional development opportunities
- Volunteer opportunities organized by the company
- Join a rapidly growing company that promotes internally
Vanco is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
If it looks like a fit, apply and let's start a conversation!
Vanco is committed to serving those who improve their communities. We are a technology leader specializing in payment and donation processing, education administration software and event management. We serve more than 45,000 customers in education, faith-based organizations, nonprofits and professional services markets. Vanco earns the trust of clients by providing tools that reduce administrative burdens and costs, enable organizations to increase fundraising and simplify work. Vanco has offices across the United States and in Mexico and Australia.
Looking for an awesome place to work? Start a conversation with us today!