Vanco Payment Solutions
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Manager of Software Development
at Vanco Payment Solutions
Do you like traveling to a tropical destination for work and escaping our Minnesota winters for a week or two? We may have just the opportunity for you as we look for a Manager of Software Development to lead our teams in Minnesota and Cancun, Mexico!
In this role, you will get to manage two medium-sized web-based software development teams to include new development hires in Cancun. Your teams will be enhancing two of our industry-leading
SaaS product lines. RevTrak is a platform that manages approximately 1600 e-commerce sites for K-12 school districts. Charms is our premier cloud-based solution for helping music-based organizations with administration and communication.
The teams follow the Scrum process, including weekly sprints, daily standup meetings, sprint planning, etc. We are redesigning our current systems with new technologies and processes to give our clients better solutions and more functionality. You will also get to lead the transition from on-premise to cloud based hosting.
We are looking for an experienced leader who enjoys a balance between leading your teams, mentoring developers, and hands-on technical work. You will be given a fair amount of autonomy to make hires, distribute the workload, architect solutions, and organize the sprints as appropriate.
What you’ll be doing:
- Manage two web-based, customer-facing software products, including working with our Product Management team to plan and estimate work.
- Lead software development projects, including design, development, requirements review, managing scope, and delegating work to developers.
- Establish best practices and inspire your team to challenge the status quo and develop new, innovative solutions in a fast-paced environment.
- Ensure that the scrum process is being used efficiently, and leading (or delegating the leadership of) daily standup meetings, sprint demos, sprint planning, sprint retrospectives, etc.
- Ensure that the application is stable and that escalated support tickets are being addressed in a timely manner.
Who you are:
- You must be Green Card Holder or US Citizen.
- Your degree is a BS in Computer Science or related field, or equivalent combination of training and experience.
- You have 12 years of overall software development experience.
- You have 5 years’ experience leading a software development team; 3 years in direct management.
- You are experienced developing web applications, particularly single page application.
- You are experienced with web services and familiarity with REST concepts.
- You have experience with relational databases, including SQL, TSQL, database design and best practices (SQL Server preferred).
- You have current experience with C#, ASP.NET, MVC and related technologies.
- You retain a solid knowledge of software development best practices and principles, including Agile methodologies
- You are able to prioritize goals and direct a team in a fast-paced environment
- You are able to recognize talent, develop individuals, and build strong teams
- You are an excellent written and verbal communicator across multiple geographic locations
- You find this job posting exciting and think it will be a great fit for you
- You have worked with Azure, AWS or other cloud-based technologies
- You have experience with Angular and React as well as test-driven development to include unit and integration testing.
What we offer:
- 100% Employer Paid Health Insurance Base Plan; employee only
- Dental, Vision, Life and Accident Insurance
- Paid Holidays and 4 weeks PTO
- 401(k) Plan with employer match
- Opportunities to lead and develop your team and create processes and structure
- Small collaborative teams where you impact outcome and culture
- Learning opportunities provided by LinkedIn Learning
- Ongoing professional development opportunities
- Volunteer opportunities organized by the company
- Join a rapidly growing company that promotes internally
Vanco is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
Vanco is committed to serving those who improve their communities. We are a technology leader specializing in payment and donation processing, education administration software and event management. We serve more than 45,000 customers in education, faith-based organizations, nonprofits and professional services markets. Vanco earns the trust of clients by providing tools that reduce administrative burdens and costs, enable organizations to increase fundraising and simplify work. Vanco has offices across the United States and in Mexico and Australia.
Looking for an awesome place to work? Start a conversation with us today!