Vivage Quality Health Partners
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Health Information Manager
at Vivage Quality Health Partners
- Requisition ID
- # of Openings
Allison Care Center is a premier memory support community featuring a wide array of care options including secure memory support, skilled short-term rehabilitation and long-term care. Certified memory care staff provide residents with individualized service plans designed to meet their unique needs. With close working ties to the Rocky Mountain Alzheimer’s Association, Allison Care Center offers an array of programming carefully designed to address challenges associated with memory impairment.
Currently, Allison Care Center is seeking a Full Time HEALTH INFORMATION MANAGER at their skilled nursing community located in Lakewood, Co.
The primary responsibility of the HEALTH INFORMATION MANAGER is to establish and maintain a medical records/health information system following the current federal, state and local standards, guidelines and regulations that govern long term care and assisted living facilities. You are entrusted to assure that a complete medical record and health information program is maintained. A successfull HEALTH INFORMATION MANAGER in our community has these traits and attributes:
- Maintains accurate record of daily and monthly census
- Completes required audits (i.e. Admission, Discharge, Re-admission, Quarterly audit, Physician visit)
- Accurately maintain organized paper and electronic charts for current and discharged residents
- Appropriately thin charts in adherence with the company’s thinning schedule
- Scan documents in PCC in order to move forward with electronic records
- Responsible for keeping purged files well organized
- Maintain appropriate current forms and make available to IDT
- Prepare charts for all new admissions with all required forms; obtain hospital discharge summary for those who are admitted and re-admitted from the hospital
- Responsible for creating face sheets and inserted into the chart within forty-eight (48) hours of admission
- Maintain diagnosis list with proper Codes; ensure updates as changes occur
- Ensure proper diagnosis coding per ICD-10 CM Coding guidelines
- Must be licensed in accordance with laws of this state.
- Must be a certified registered record administrator (RRA), a registered health information technician (RHIT), or an accredited record technician (ART), recognized by the American Medical Record Association.
- Must be able to read, write, speak, and understand the English language.
- Must possess the ability to deal tactfully when personnel, residents, family members, visitors, government agencies/personnel and the general public.
- Must possess the ability to plan, organize, develop, implement, and interpret the programs, goals, objectives, policies and procedures, etc., necessary for providing quality care and maintaining a sound operation.
- Must be able to communicate policies, procedures, regulations, reports, etc., to personnel, residents, family members, visitors, and government agencies/personnel.
- Must not pose a direct threat to the health or safety of other individuals in the workplace.
- Must possess, as a minumum, a high school diploma.
- Must be a graduate of an approved course for medical record technicians.
- Must have, as a minimum, three (3) years experience in medical records for a health care facility.
Allison is proudly a managed facility of
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer, Gender/Minority/Veterans/Disabled
No Agencies or Affiliates, please!