Vivage Quality Health Partners
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Memory Care Program Director
at Vivage Quality Health Partners
- Requisition ID
- # of Openings
- Social Work
Our rehabilitation experience at Harmony Pointe Nursing Center is part of a comprehensive, individualized care program. We offer many areas of special expertise including, Memory Care, advanced wound
care, and a nutrition/hydration program. Located in a residential community setting in a quiet neighborhood with tree lined streets, we have been an integral part of the community for many years.
With holistic care alternatives available, Harmony Pointe is invested in meeting your unique post-acute care needs.
Our management company, VIVAGE SENIOR LIVING, is a nationally recognized leader and innovator in the long-term care industry. VIVAGE SENIOR LIVING is dedicated to person-centered care and we embrace the Eden Alternative™ philosophy. We bring “quality of life in aging” and “living well” to Long Term Care!
Currently, Harony Pointe Nursing Center is seeking a MEMORY CARE PROGRAM DIRECTOR at their 110 bed skilled nursing community located in Lakewood.
The primary responsibility of the MEMORY CARE PROGRAM DIRECTOR is to manage all facets of service to address resident care needs. The Memory Care Director assists in hiring, training, supervising and scheduling staff members. The Memory Care Director monitors resident care needs, alerts the nurses when the resident has a change of condition, audits the medication administration program to assure accuracy and completeness, addresses resident and family concerns, coordinates resident special requests and acts as a liaison with community providers. The Memory Care Director is responsible to assure that daily programs/life enrichment activities are scheduled and conducted in a manner that reflects the resident’s capabilities and interests. The Memory Care Director manages services from dietary, maintenance and housekeeping departments in the Special Care Unit and assists with maintaining the budgeted occupancy/census for the unit following the current federal, state and local standards, guidelines and regulations that govern long term care and assisted living facilities. You are delegated the administrative authority, responsibility, and accountability necessary for carrying out your assigned duties. The position is an unarmed security position. A successful MEMORY CARE PROGRAM DIRECTOR in our community has these traits and attributes:
- The Memory Care Director is responsible to assure that the daily programs/life enrichment activities are scheduled and conducted in a manner that reflects the resident’s capabilities and interests.
- Demonstrate a passion for caring as evidenced by interaction with co-workers, residents, families, and visitors.
- Works beyond normal duty hours, on weekends, when necessary.
- High energy, self motivated person, works well in team environment.
- Time is spent in both an office enviroment as well as in resident's rooms throughout the community.
- Must be able to read, write, speak, and understand the English language
- Understanding of standard techniques used in providing personal services for resident in caring for equipment and supplies.
- Good understanding of basis of asepsis and sterile techniques to avoid infection of residents and self or contamination of equipment and supplies.
- Must be aware of the assessment process, and the development and execution of care plans.
- Must possess the ability to deal tactfully when personnel, residents, family members, visitors, government agencies/personnel and the general public
- Must be a supportive team member
- Must not pose a direct threat to the health or safety of other individuals in the workplace.
- Must be able to assist in the evacuation of residents
- Must be able to communicate and function in and interdisciplinary team
- Must be able to demonstrate excellent people skills and organizational skills
- Must be well groomed, clean shaven (i.e., no beards, long hair, visible facial rings / piercings, tattoos)
- Minimum two (2) years of health related experience or 2 years of college education specific to health and/or senior care.
- Alzheimer’s certification, gerontology, or social services degree preferred.
- Experience in direct care of residents in a like field.
Harmony Pointe Nursing Center is proudly a managed facility of
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer, Gender/Minority/Veterans/Disabled
No Agencies or Affiliates, please!