Volunteers of America
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Business Office Manager
at Volunteers of America
Will interact directly with all levels of staff, participants, family members, corporate staff, and vendors.
To provide efficient business office administration, resulting in policy compliance, and ultimately the delivery of exceptional customer service.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Performs all data processing functions on the program system including, but not limited to: Accounts Receivable, Accounts Payable, Month-End, Meal Count and Payroll.
- Verifies and reconciles all items entered in the system. Processes and reviews all reports on a timely basis.
- Performs all processing and reporting functions from time records.
- Ensures that the appropriate system backups are done daily.
- Assumes specific responsibility relating to A/R including, reconciling all A/R and preparing adjustments as necessary, reconciling monthly detailed A/R.
- Assumes specific responsibility for A/P including, responding to questions from vendors, reviews all invoices for completeness (including proper coding and approval), reconciles vendor statements as needed, and maintain petty cash account and reconcile on at least a monthly basis.
- Assumes specific responsibilities relating to the banking function of the program including, informing the Corporate Office of any disbursement problems such as stop payments, lost checks, etc, takes deposits to the bank as needed, calls in transfers to keep account in balance and ensures the recording and deposit of all cash receipts.
- Participates in the annual program budgeting process including, supplying statistical information to the Program Director and Regional Director of Operations and entering the preliminary budget and approved adjustments into the computer system.
- Assists other program personnel in the proper use of data processing equipment as needed.
- Supplies statistical information to facility and corporate personnel as needed.
- Processes payroll on a bi-weekly basis and submits reporting to Corporate Office. Updating personnel changes in the payroll system on a bi-weekly basis according to established procedures.
- Assumes responsibility for the overall organization of the Business Office. Ensures the proper filing and storage of all pertinent Business Office records
- Attends required in-services & completes assign on-line modules.
- Performs other duties or special assignments as directed.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee may encounter while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individual with disabilities to perform the essential functions:
- May be subjected to interruptions throughout the workday.
- Must be able to work some flexible hours.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individual with disabilities to meet these demands:
- Is frequently required to sit throughout day.
- The employee is required to finger, feel, touch, hear, and use the phone extensively.
- Stands and walks intermittently throughout the working day.
- On occasion may lift and carry up to thirty-five (35) lbs.
- May bend, stoop, squat, reach, push and pull throughout workday.
- Works inside; working area is subject to slight increase in temperature and noise due to the operation of computer equipment.
- Ability to adapt to changes in daily work hours and schedule.
Safe Work Performance Expectations
The safety of employees, participants and visitors is of paramount importance to Volunteers of America. Our work place safety program will be incorporated as the standard of practice for this organization. Compliance with these safe work expectations will be required of all employees as a condition of employment. Our organization focus will hold all employees accountable for safety performance equal with quality and production expectations.
Employees will be expected to:
- Follow correct policy and procedures for department and facility Fire/Disaster/Missing Person Plan. Know the location of fire alarms and extinguishers.
- Follow correct policy and procedure for hand washing.
- Follow guidelines for proper method of lifting.
- All doorways, hallways and areas are to be kept clear.
- Know the location and purpose of Safety Data Sheets (SDS).
- Follow guidelines for department environment and safety measures.
- Follow guidelines for safe handling, inspection, maintenance and storage of equipment. Report any malfunction of equipment.
- Follow guidelines for safe handling and storage of chemicals and supplies.
- Follow correct policy and procedure for reporting of incidents: staff, participants, etc.
Every effort has been made to identify the essential functions of this position. However, this job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties you may be required to perform. The omission of specific descriptions of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related or can be considered essential to this position.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Minimum of an Associate Degree with major concentration in areas of bookkeeping or data processing, or three (3) years of bookkeeping or data processing experience.
- Minimum of one-year experience as a full charge bookkeeper.
- Numerical skills and ability required.
- Proven ability to manage multiple projects to a deadline.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, Email and Internet.
- Well-developed oral communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills; customer service focused.
- High degree of professionalism; able to deal with extremely confidential information.
- Attentive to detail.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Works well independently and with minimal supervision.
- Ability to read and comprehend instructions, correspondence, and memos. Ability to prepare written correspondence.
- Ability to meet the requirements identified as indicated in the essential job functions.
- Ability to utilize computers and other electronic devices for tasks such as timekeeping, in-servicing and documentation.