Volunteers of America
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Business Office Manager
at Volunteers of America
Come help make a difference in the lives of those that we serve!
Valley Manor Care Center in Montrose, Colorado, is looking for an experienced Business Office Manager to join our team!
Valley Manor Care Center is a skilled nursing facility, and is part of the Volunteers of America family. The Business Office Manager provides efficient business office administration, resulting in policy compliance, and ultimately the delivery of exceptional customer service.
This position traditionally works Monday through Friday, 8:00-5:00, with major holidays off. Apply now and receive a hiring and retention bonus of $5,000, to be paid quarterly over the next 24 months.
- Performs all data processing functions on the program system including, but not limited to: Accounts Receivable, Accounts Payable, Month-End, Meal Count and Payroll.
- Verifies and reconciles all items entered in the system. Processes and reviews all reports on a timely basis.
- Performs all processing and reporting functions from time records.
- Ensures that the appropriate system backups are done daily.
- Assumes specific responsibility relating to A/R including, reconciling all A/R and preparing adjustments as necessary, reconciling monthly detailed A/R.
- Assumes specific responsibility for A/P including, responding to questions from vendors, reviews all invoices for completeness (including proper coding and approval), reconciles vendor statements as needed, and maintain petty cash account and reconcile on at least a monthly basis.
- Assumes specific responsibilities relating to the banking function of the program including, informing the Corporate Office of any disbursement problems such as stop payments, lost checks, etc, takes deposits to the bank as needed, calls in transfers to keep account in balance and ensures the recording and deposit of all cash receipts.
- Participates in the annual program budgeting process including, supplying statistical information to the Program Director and Regional Director of Operations and entering the preliminary budget and approved adjustments into the computer system.
- Assists other program personnel in the proper use of data processing equipment as needed.
- Supplies statistical information to facility and corporate personnel as needed.
- Processes payroll on a bi-weekly basis and submits reporting to Corporate Office. Updating personnel changes in the payroll system on a bi-weekly basis according to established procedures.
- Assumes responsibility for the overall organization of the Business Office. Ensures the proper filing and storage of all pertinent Business Office records
- Attends required in-services & completes assign on-line modules.
- Performs other duties or special assignments as directed.
- Minimum of an Associate Degree with major concentration in areas of bookkeeping or data processing, or three (3) years of bookkeeping or data processing experience.
- Minimum of one-year experience as a full charge bookkeeper.
- Numerical skills and ability required.
- Proven ability to manage multiple projects to a deadline.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, Email and Internet.
- Well-developed oral communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills; customer service focused.
- High degree of professionalism; able to deal with extremely confidential information.
- Attentive to detail.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Works well independently and with minimal supervision.
- Ability to read and comprehend instructions, correspondence, and memos. Ability to prepare written correspondence.
- Ability to meet the requirements identified as indicated in the essential job functions.
- Ability to utilize computers and other electronic devices for tasks such as timekeeping, in-servicing and documentation.