Volunteers of America
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Volunteers of America
Volunteers of America is looking for a Housekeeping Supervisor to lead our Housekeeping team. The Housekeeping Supervisor ensures the cleanliness of all facility areas including our resident's apartments. This role is to ensure the first impression of the facility from the eyes of our residents, family members and anyone coming into our community is positive.
- Cleaning of all public areas within the facility creating a clean comfortable environment
- Monitors and follows reporting procedures for areas in need of maintenance.
- Supervises housekeeping staff including: scheduling, training, counseling and discipline, and performance evaluations.
- Completes inventory and order supplies
- Monitors department budget
- Minimum of one-year supervisory experience, or three (3) years related work experience.
- Ability to communicate and work effectively with various levels of staff, residents, family members and the public.
- Numerical ability for making various computations in planning departmental objectives, keeping work records and schedules, preparing budgets, requisitioning supplies and monitoring inventory control.
- Adequate strength, endurance and coordination to meet the strenuous demands of such responsibilities as dusting, mopping, vacuuming, scrubbing, and loading and unloading washers and dryers; ability to fold and iron articles of clothing and linen.
- Ability to work flexible hours, such as during a staff shortage or an emergency situation.
- Ability to work in an area subject to heat and humidity.
- Ability to speak, read, write and understand English.
- Ability to utilize computers and other electronic devices for tasks such as timekeeping, in-servicing and documentation.