Volunteers of America
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
PM Nurse Supervisor
at Volunteers of America
Job Reference #: 1646/2628
Categories: Healthcare - RNs & Nurse Management, Management - Mid-Level (Manager, Director), Healthcare - ALL CATEGORIES, Management - ALL CATEGORIES
- Directs and oversees the nursing staff to ensure the nursing procedures are followed and reflect the current policies and procedures of the facility.
- Monitor medication passes and treatment schedules to assure that medications and treatments are being administered as ordered.
- Perform direct care related activities for approximately 10 least clinically complex residents.
- Perform daily rounds of the nursing unit to ensure that all nursing service personnel are performing their work assignments in accordance with acceptable nursing standards.
- Assist in developing methods for coordinating nursing services with other resident services to ensure that continuity of the resident's total regimen of care.
- Complete and investigate accident/incident reports and assist with abuse/neglect reporting to specific agencies as needed.
- Acts as a liaison between physician, resident, family and resident care team to ensure physician orders are accurately carried out and documented using the information from the resident's plan of care.
- Initiate and resolve follow-up and problem charting as needed.
- Serve on, participate in and attend various committees and meetings of the facility to which you are assigned.
- Assists with the coordination of staffing patterns and productive nursing hours as delegated by the Director of Nursing.
- Responsible for holding staff accountable for correctly following policies and procedures as outlined in the employee handbook and nursing job descriptions.
- Completes employee evaluations in a timely manner as directed.
- Assists with disciplinary actions as assigned by the Director of Nursing.
- Coordinates and conducts routine nursing staff meetings on assigned unit.
- On-call as delegated by the Director of Nursing Services.
- Attends required in-services and completes assigned on-line modules.
- Follow up on all accident and incident reports and give to Director of Nursing within facility time protocol.
- Observes staff for proper safety techniques and infection control policies and procedures.
- Ensure the environment on the nursing unit is clean, safe, clutter-free and homelike.
- Supervision of meal service to ensure quality of life with regards to the dining experience.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Director of Nursing.
Please click on the link below to apply for this position. A new window will open and direct you to apply at our corporate careers page. We look forward to hearing from you!