Volunteers of America
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Volunteers of America
Start your New Year with a new job and join our team!
New Retention Incentives!!
Work in a beautiful Rehab Center in Northwest Rochester. If you love seniors and wish to make a difference - come join us!
In return for your service - we offer top benefits, scholarships, and a fun and supportive environment.
Volunteers of America is looking for full time Nurse Supervisor to join its team at Laurel Manor in Colorado Springs, CO!
***Must be able to work 3-11p during the week and 11a-11p during scheduled weekends***
- Directs and oversees the nursing staff to ensure the nursing procedures are followed and reflect the current policies and procedures of the facility.
- Monitor medication passes and treatment schedules to assure that medications and treatments are being administered as ordered.
- Perform direct care related activities for approximately 10 least clinically complex residents.
- Perform daily rounds of the nursing unit to ensure that all nursing service personnel are performing their work assignments in accordance with acceptable nursing standards.
- Assist in developing methods for coordinating nursing services with other resident services to ensure that continuity of the resident's total regimen of care.
- Complete and investigate accident/incident reports and assist with abuse/neglect reporting to specific agencies as needed.
- Acts as a liaison between physician, resident, family and resident care team to ensure physician orders are accurately carried out and documented using the information from the resident's plan of care.
- Initiate and resolve follow-up and problem charting as needed.
- Serve on, participate in and attend various committees and meetings of the facility to which you are assigned.
- Graduate of an accredited school of professional nursing program with a current license as a Registered Nurse in the state of employment.
- Minimum of two (2) years of nursing experience, with a combination of long-term care dementia care or acute care. Home care experience preferred.
- Previous supervisory/management experience in a health care setting.
- Effective written and oral communication skills and good interpersonal skills.
- Organizational, prioritization and time management skills.
- Knowledge of Home Health regulatory and reimbursement requirements.
- Possess adequate strength, coordination, dexterity and endurance to meet the strenuous physical demands of such resident care responsibilities as lifting and moving patients
- Ability to utilize computers and other electronic devices for tasks such as timekeeping, in-servicing and documentation.