Volunteers of America
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
RN Supervisor/Charge Nurse (NOC)
at Volunteers of America
Valley Manor Care Center is looking for a Registered Nurse Night Supervisor who is flexible, reliable, well organized and a team player. The primary purpose of the RN Supervisor it to supervise the day-to-day activities and will plan, direct and carry out shift routines in the skilled nursing facility and observe, direct and evaluate the activities of personnel as the person "in charge" according to the Nurse Practice Act.
Valley Manor Care Center is offering a $5,000 recruitment bonus, to be paid in quarterly installments of $625 for the next 24 months of employment!
Night Shift Differential of $3.00 per hour applies.
- Directs and oversees the nursing staff to ensure the nursing procedures are followed and reflect the current policies and procedures of the facility.
- Monitor medication passes and treatment schedules to assure that medications and treatments are being administered as ordered.
- Perform direct care related activities for approximately 10 least clinically complex residents.
- Perform daily rounds of the nursing unit to ensure that all nursing service personnel are performing their work assignments in accordance with acceptable nursing standards.
- Assist in developing methods for coordinating nursing services with other resident services to ensure that continuity of the resident's total regimen of care.
- Complete and investigate accident/incident reports and assist with abuse/neglect reporting to specific agencies as needed.
- Acts as a liaison between physician, resident, family and resident care team to ensure physician orders are accurately carried out and documented using the information from the resident's plan of care.
- Initiate and resolve follow-up and problem charting as needed.
- Serve on, participate in and attend various committees and meetings of the facility to which you are assigned.
- Assists with the coordination of staffing patterns and productive nursing hours as delegated by the Director of Nursing.
- Responsible for holding staff accountable for correctly following policies and procedures as outlined in the employee handbook and nursing job descriptions.
- Completes employee evaluations in a timely manner as directed.
- Assists with disciplinary actions as assigned by the Director of Nursing.
- Coordinates and conducts routine nursing staff meetings on assigned unit.
- On-call as delegated by the Director of Nursing Services.
- Attends required in-services and completes assigned on-line modules.
- Follow up on all accident and incident reports and give to Director of Nursing within facility time protocol.
- Observes staff for proper safety techniques and infection control policies and procedures.
- Ensure the environment on the nursing unit is clean, safe, clutter-free and homelike.
- Supervision of meal service to ensure quality of life with regards to the dining experience.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Director of Nursing.
1. Current licensure in the state of employment as a Registered Nurse.
2. Registered Nurse with previous long-term care experience.
3. Good problem solver with abilities to make independent judgments utilizing initiative, discretion and the nursing process as needed.
4. Demonstrates leadership ability.
5. Effective communicator with staff, families and outside agencies.
6. Ability to prioritize duties.
7. Customer service oriented with knowledge of successful customer service techniques.
8. Ability to complete assigned duties within a constantly changing environment.
9. Must possess effective management and supervisory skills.
10. Clinical competence to utilize the nursing process to perform physical and cognitive assessments of residents.
11. Ability to utilize computers and other electronic devices for tasks such as timekeeping, in-servicing and documentation.
To Apply: http://www.jobs.net/j/JBQyUWkG