Washington Elementary School District #6
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Office Manager - School-based
at Washington Elementary School District #6
Pay Grade: 3630
Position Control: 3951/3950
Accountable To: School Principal
FLSA Status: Nonexempt
Creation/Revision Date: November 28, 2016
In general direction, incumbent manages the school office functions to include supervising office personnel, overseeing student attendance procedures, managing cash handling procedures, maintaining student records, managing the timekeeping system, overseeing volunteer services, handling substitute services, assisting with the budget management, and handling other office-related functions.
- Supervises school office personnel.
- Recommending new hires.
- Determines workloads and work schedules.
- Trains office personnel.
- Monitoring work performance and conducts evaluations.
- Handles informal discipline.
- Manages student records and attendance.
- Ensures information is accurate and completed in timely manner.
- Receives and responds to requests for student records from other schools.
- Maintains student records and related files.
- Ensures compliance with retention of files.
- Oversees the daily operations and customer service of the school office.
- Manages and ensures compliance of the cash handling procedures of the school.
- Processes timekeeping, leave usage and time corrections for all campus support personnel.
- Assists the principal with the management of the school budget.
- Enter and manage purchase requisitions for the school.
- Manages and coordinates the school calendar.
- Coordinates field trips for schools.
- Handles school substitute procedures.
- Manages the volunteer services of the school.
- Manages communication procedures to include preparing correspondences, memos, newsletters, reports, bulletins, board reports, and forms.
- Assists the principal with scheduling of students and creating sections in the student information system.
- Coordinates translation services for the school.
- Dispenses medications to students and performs emergency first aid as required.
- Performs other duties as required.
To be eligible for this position, an applicant must meet the following required qualifications. In addition, verification of these required qualifications is necessary.
- High School Diploma or equivalent (G.E.D.)
- Three years of office related experience
It is preferred that applicant possesses the following preferred qualifications; however, the following qualifications are not required to be eligible for this position.
- Associate’s degree in Business, Management or related field
- Two years of supervisory experience
- Two years of office administrative experience
- Two years of work experience in public schools
- Proficiency in English and target language
Knowledge and Skills Required:
To perform the job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The qualifications for this job description are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Skills required, but not limited to, for this position include:
- Applying general office practices and procedures;
- Applying supervisory principles and practices;
- Making decisions and resolving problems;
- Applying proper grammar and writing techniques;
- Applying finance and budgetary applications;
- Utilizing and applying basic accounting practices;
- Working independently to meet priorities and deadlines;
- Complying with applicable laws and regulations;
- Maintaining records;
- Staying current on district policies and procedures;
- Problem solving;
- Understanding of school programs;
- Demonstrating and modeling active listening skills;
- Maintaining confidentiality;
- Using computer information systems and Microsoft Office programs;
- Engaging and encouraging communication skills while interacting with supervisors, staff, students, etc. to exchange information.
The physical requirements described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl and taste or smell. The employee must regularly lift and /or move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include Close vision, Distance vision, Peripheral vision, Depth perception and Ability to adjust focus.
The working environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Job Contact Information
|Title||Office Support Manager|
Monday, March 9, 2020 12:00 AM
(Mountain Standard Time)