Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Fraud & Loss Management Representative
at Webster Bank
436 Slater Road-HF308
If you're looking for a meaningful career, you'll find it here at Webster. Founded in 1935 by Harold Webster Smith, our focus has always been to put people first--doing whatever we can to help individuals, families and businesses achieve their financial goals. And while we've grown into a leading commercial bank, we remain passionate about serving our customers, supporting our communities, and making a difference in people's lives. We can make a difference in your life, too. By empowering you to build the meaningful career you've been looking for.
Responsibility, respect, trust, teamwork and citizenship are the values on which Webster was founded. Together we call them The Webster Way, and they are what set us apart as a bank and an employer. Guided by these values, we put people first - working hard to live up to our customers, and each other, every day.
The position has several responsibilities, and requires someone with attention to detail and able to work in a fast paced environment. Responsible for managing overdrawn accounts, and posting exception items to restricted and overdrawn accounts; and several other tasks. Responsible for handling phone calls from the banking centers, the customer care center, and customers regarding fraud, overdrafts, account restrictions, force closed accounts, and various other topics.
MAJOR DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provides phone coverage by responding to questions from internal and external customers; including check verifications, forced closed questions, removals of holds, status of accounts, forged check affidavits and other fraud related inquiries.
- Refer overdrawn accounts to investigative team based on assessment of account activity.
- Processes corrective actions in more complex fraud cases involving risky and/or exception conditions.
- Ensures daily tasks are accomplished in a timely manner.
- Processes forced closed payments and forced close collections as needed.
- Inputs cases into internal database with accuracy and efficiency.
- Processes restitution payments and closes accounts for cause with referral to credit reporting agency.
- Handles placement of debt with 3rd party collection agency.
- Receive, process, and respond to customer inquiries/disputes related to 3rd party collections.
- Performs reconciliations on G/L accounts.
- All other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE & SKILLS
- Associate degree preferred.
- 3 + years of related bank experience.
- Ability to work independently in a high volume environment.
- Customer service background preferred.
- Comfort with Microsoft Office products.
- Strong attention to detail and follow through.
- Knowledge of basic accounting.