Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Intern Risk Management
at Webster Bank
436 Slater Road-HF308
If you're looking for a meaningful career, you'll find it here at Webster. Founded in 1935 by Harold Webster Smith, our focus has always been to put people first--doing whatever we can to help individuals, families and businesses achieve their financial goals. And while we've grown into a leading commercial bank, we remain passionate about serving our customers, supporting our communities, and making a difference in people's lives. We can make a difference in your life, too. By empowering you to build the meaningful career you've been looking for.
Responsibility, respect, trust, teamwork and citizenship are the values on which Webster was founded. Together we call them The Webster Way, and they are what set us apart as a bank and an employer. Guided by these values, we put people first - working hard to live up to our customers, and each other, every day.
Webster Bank IT Internship Program
If you're looking for an innovative, exciting opportunity to gain real world experience, Webster Bank's internship program delivers..! High performing students entering their junior, senior, or post graduate year of studies will experience an unforgettable summer of learning, networking, and fun while gaining valuable experience that directly complements classroom studies. Webster's internship will be demanding and rewarding, and we are confident it will be a challenge you are glad to be a part of..!
As an intern at Webster Bank, you will have the opportunity to work side-by-side with Webster Bankers to gain valuable experience, knowledge and skills. Every internship opportunity is structured to provide you with a meaningful experience and broad exposure to our lines of business and corporate functions. This internship program is designed to create a pipeline of candidates who may become the next generation IT leaders at Webster Bank.
Webster also welcomes military veterans as we are committed to you and your families, and invite you to join the Webster Team for a rewarding internship in banking and technology.
Intern Risk Management
- Work within the IT Risk Management team as a Risk Analyst learning key regulatory compliance and risk practices including:
- Assist with Information Technology Risk management program development and integration with Enterprise Risk Management
- Develop skills in risk identification, control analysis, design, and testing. Coach control owners on risk and control self-assessments.
- Assist in the oversight of and required responses to regulatory exams including OCC and other agency exams, external audits and IT related Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX) controls and controls testing.
- Planned Degree in Risk Management or Internal Audit, with Information Technology concentration
- IT or MIS major with coursework or certificate in Risk Management or Internal Audit
- Strong interest and foundational understanding of Risk Management, Governance-Risk-Compliance concepts, tools and frameworks
- Strong technology aptitude and practical experience with technical standards and frameworks such as NIST, CSF, COBIT and ITIL
- Solid written and verbal communication skills
Participation Benefits Include
- Formal mentor assigned to help guide your experience at Webster Bank
- Networking and social events with other interns
- Opportunities to meet and network with business professionals and early career professionals
- Select students who participate in the program may be invited to interview for the following summer internship or full time opportunities post-graduation
Skills / Experience
- Major in Risk Management or Internal Audit, with Information Technology or MIS concentration with coursework or certificate in Risk Management or Internal Audit
- Interest in Banking / Financial Services Industry
- Highly organized, resourceful, motivated, enthusiastic and proactive
- An effective communicator that is also proficient in MS-Office
- Cumulative GPA of 3.25 or higher (out of 4.0 scale)