If you're looking for a meaningful career, you'll find it here at Webster. Founded in 1935 by Harold Webster Smith, our focus has always been to put people first--doing whatever we can to help individuals, families and businesses achieve their financial goals. And while we've grown into a leading commercial bank, we remain passionate about serving our customers, supporting our communities, and making a difference in people's lives. We can make a difference in your life, too. By empowering you to build the meaningful career you've been looking for.
Responsibility, respect, trust, teamwork and citizenship are the values on which Webster was founded. Together we call them The Webster Way, and they are what set us apart as a bank and an employer. Guided by these values, we put people first - working hard to live up to our customers, and each other, every day.
Working supervisor to manage group of developers in support of the PowerLender loan origination system. Make independent and creative technical contributions relating to analysis, development, testing, debugging, maintaining, and documenting components of Powerlender application. Collaborate with business line users in a working partnership. Strictly adhere to IT Change Control policy.
- Assign and monitor work to team of direct reports including off-shore resources.
- Analyze, design, code, test and implement enhancements of varying complexity following release control process. Consider the broader business implications of proposed IT solutions to current and future business needs.
- Provide technical design estimations and specifications based on BRD.
- Be the primary IT resource on projects.
- Analyze, design, code and implement assigned project functional requirements.
- Provide support for third party applications used with Powerlender application.
- Provide coverage for Powerlender application production support.
- Collaborate with end user community to define requirements and support. Provide fast and accurate solutions. Maintain an environment of partnership to support Community Banking and Business Banking.
- Perform enhancement testing and recording of defects using HP Quality Center.
- Collaborate with offshore partners to resolve defects during testing cycle.
- Provide technical direction and coaching to staff. Provide guidance and expertise to coworkers in resolving complex production support issues. Act as a resource to the team in helping less experienced team members in providing solutions to the business lines.
- All other duties as assigned.
Education, Experience, & Skills
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience in related field required
- 3-5 years of software development experience
- Experience in managing a team of developers
- Experience developing SQL queries using different data sources
- Experience with Database concepts, table design and SQL queries using different data sources
- Experience in any Structured Programming Language
- Excellent communication skills and problem solving skills
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively
- Highly developed understanding of SDLC
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office suite
- 5+ years of software development experience
- 5+ years of supervisory experience
- Development experience with Business Objects and Crystal Reports
- Development experience with Loan Origination Applications
- Understanding of Mortgage, Consumer and Small Business Lending business processes