Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Workforce Management Manager
at Webster Bank
200 Executive Blvd South-HF433
If you're looking for a meaningful career, you'll find it here at Webster. Founded in 1935 by Harold Webster Smith, our focus has always been to put people first--doing whatever we can to help individuals, families and businesses achieve their financial goals. And while we've grown into a leading commercial bank, we remain passionate about serving our customers, supporting our communities, and making a difference in people's lives. We can make a difference in your life, too. By empowering you to build the meaningful career you've been looking for.
Responsibility, respect, trust, teamwork and citizenship are the values on which Webster was founded. Together we call them The Webster Way, and they are what set us apart as a bank and an employer. Guided by these values, we put people first - working hard to live up to our customers, and each other, every day.
BASIC FUNCTION :
Provide leadership, oversight and day-to-day management of the Customer Care Center's workforce planning group in a 24/7 operation. Drive all activities relative to forecasting, scheduling, real time adherence, distribution of work across all channels (calls, emails, live chat, social media, case management, remote banker, ITMs etc.) and reporting for workforce planning. Coordinate with C3 leadership and support and operations teams as well as various partners such as Human Resources, Information Technology and the Banking Center partners to manage staffing levels and minimize the expense of service delivery by maximizing the efficient use of our human capital.
Effectively manage agents to meet service requirements
- Provide leadership and day-to-day management for workforce planning team to ensure that service level and other KPI's are met consistently. This department operates 7 days a week.
- Performance management of team including coaching, mentoring and performance appraisals.
- Stay abreast of industry trends and best practices to review and continuously refine and improve strategic delivery.
- Apply analytical skills to review and assess workforce management results for effectiveness and continuous improvement.
- Monitor and assess team's work quality and implement changes or adjustments as needed with the team or with other C3 partners to meet business objectives.
- Manage and monitor adherence of floor staffing schedules and occupancy levels.
- Provide oversight as well as identify queue performance out of threshold range and take steps to correct such performance.
- Identify training or staging gaps and recommendations to performance requirements based on call trends (type, length, overall handle time).
- Partner with C3 reporting resources, Business Analyst and IT partners to ensure timely delivery of workforce trends and performance reports.
- Oversee the consolidation and distribution of daily management reports to front line as well as senior level leaders and business partners (e.g. C3 Daily Summary Report).
- Provide clear, accurate and continuous verbal and written communication to leadership team to inform and support staffing plans, as well as business & financial objectives.
- Deliver regular forecasts for staffing needs by interval as well as for set periods of time.
- Manage the Remote Banker program and scheduling efforts.
- Manage team to leverage scheduling software to develop effective, efficient and creative schedules for employees across 24/7 operation, including holidays. This includes all phone employees as well as team managers, both on site and remote.
- Ensure that workforce has appropriate thresholds and ranges for skilling, calling coding and queue coverage for all intervals within the 24/7 operation; including inclement weather events.
- Identify excess capacity and work with Managers to administer Exit Without Pay (EWOP) program to assist in expense reductions.
- Maintain procedures, guidelines and manage inspection process for workforce planning activities.
- Manage master calendar of all department activities that impact staffing such as training, projects, rollouts, meetings and vacations.
- Exercise independent judgement to develop and manage proactive measures to respond to unanticipated changes in call volume or staffing levels to consistently ensure that service level goals are met.
- Conduct and lead routine Production Planning meetings with the objective of sharing information and forecasts for upcoming staffing needs and customer impacts. Gain support from cross functional team to execute on plans as well as adapt to unforeseen events accordingly.
- Direct Manager and partner coversations that drive decisions toward resolving scheduling conflicts based on business need and customer demand /traffic.
- Recommend creative or temporary departures from usual scheduling procedures if necessary to meet service level goals. Anticipate future trends and events and recommend the establishment of new staffing procedures as business needs change.
- Develop and manage preparatory activities for peak periods, special events (e.g. inclement weather), project impacts to call volumes and customer interactions.
- Participate or lead various projects or initiatives as assigned.
- Other duties as assigned.
-This job is in the mid level of a career path
A) Education - Please check all of the following that apply to this job:
- High School / GED required.
- Some college preferred - Please specify number of years / course of study
- BS preferred -- Business Management or equivalent experience
B) Experience - Plese check below, as appropriate. If both technical and supervisory experience are required, list separately.
- 3 -- 5 years of related experience -- Call Center w/Staffing & Scheduling Responsibilities
C) Job Skills / Knowledge:
- Bachelor's degree in Information Technology, Business Management / Administration or a related degree
- A minimum of 3-5 years of call center technology and operations experience required
- Strong planning, problem-solving, analytical, management and organizational skills, including the ability to coordinate and prioritize multiple projects
- Leadership, coaching and performance management skills
- In-depth knowledge of scheduling and forecasting procedures
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and the ability to collaborate effectively with others.
- Knowledge of workforce planning tools & methods required; Verint / GMT/ Planet Contact Center, Erlang C or other forecasting tools a plus
- Strong computer skills including MS Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Ability to organize and manage large quantities of data
- Demonstrated ability to develop and foster strong relationships with various levels of an organization
- Strong attention to detail and ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Flexible in adapting to constantly changing priorities
- Confident at working independently, with superb ability to self-start with minimal supervision
- Adept at handling multiple tasks, with strong organizational skills
- Ability to learn and adapt to a variety of systems and applications
- Patient and persuasive personality
D) Licenses /Certifications
Six Sigma or Change management certifications a plus
PHYSICAL DEMANDS/WORKING CONDITIONS:
List any non-standard physical demands or working conditions:
- Responsible for workforce planning group throughout 24/7 operation
- Will include both on-site and remote access / monitoring