Wells Enterprises Inc
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Sales Team Lead, Retail Category Management
at Wells Enterprises Inc
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 1900000168
Wells Enterprises is looking for a Sales Team Lead for our Retail Category Management team. The Team Lead will develop strategic vision for the Category Management Retail function for Wells. They will implement strategic category management plans including schematics, assortment, and distribution priorities which will drive increased sales and profit for both the brand and customers. They will develop and foster strong collaborative business relationships with key leaders cross functionally both internally and externally. The Team lead will coach, train and develop a world-class team of Category Development Managers.
Other Responsibilities Include:
- Has ultimate accountability for effectiveness of Category Development in Retail Grocery. Lead Category Development directly for assigned strategic Wells accounts.
- Leads strategy and implementation of Wells Category Development function in Retail: sets strategy and vision for team, ensure monthly and quarterly cadence is adhered to, improve insight development, improve storytelling and customer impact, grow skill set across team capability, develops independent customer relationships
- Strong working knowledge of syndicated data with IRI, Nielsen, Panel, etc. and retailer specific data.
- Leads relationship and contract negotiations with primary retail syndicated partners (Nielsen, EYC, IRI).
- Coach, train and develop Retail Category Development Managers to deliver best-in-class, differentiated insights to assist in setting the customer's strategic direction, as well as tactics to deliver the strategy. Partner with Team Lead Cat Man OOH to influence and guide functional category development growth for entire Cat Man team.
- Ensure strong partnership with Sales teams and other cross functional resources to leverage relevant insights (industry, category, brand, channel, shopper, consumer and account) to develop a strategic agenda that drives focus and results aligned with Wells strategic priorities.
- Strong verbal, written, and presentation skills. Strong analytical rigor that drives results in space, assortment, promotions, pricing, and joint business planning activities.
- Ability to proactively identify and quantify business gaps and deliver innovative solutions leveraging the strength of Wells portfolio.
- Ability to leverage internal and external relationships to drive strategic agendas, alignment and capability development for the team.
- Ability to analyze multiple data sources to create insights and understand implications for delivering the business plan.
- Minimum 10 years of category management, business analytics, shopper insights and/or sales experience. Experience managing others in a professional business environment.