Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Analytical Manager 4 Metadata Control Tower Manager
at Wells Fargo
At Wells Fargo, we want to satisfy our customers’ financial needs and help them succeed financially. We’re looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you’ll feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience.
Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you
Data Management and Insights (DMI) is transforming the way that Wells Fargo uses and manages data. Our work enables Wells Fargo to empower and inform our team members, deliver exceptional experiences for our customers, and meet the elevated expectations of our regulators. The team is responsible for designing the future data environment, defining data governance and oversight, and partnering with technology to operate the data infrastructure for the company. This team also provides next generation analytic insights to drive business strategies and help meet our commitment to satisfy our customers’ financial needs.
The Data Management Solutions Services (DMSs) team within Data Management & Insights (DMI) is a new and growing organization. The team’s mission is to enable enterprise data governance capabilities, such as metadata management, data control and quality, stewardship management, etc. The team manages these capabilities in alignment with the enterprise data strategy, technology architecture, policies, and other data governance needs across the Wells Fargo enterprise.
This newly created role requires expert level understanding of metadata management concepts, experience with enterprise data governance capabilities, services and tools, and an ability to lead and influence discussions across a wide spectrum of audiences. The position will work closely with teams across the enterprise on metadata management initiatives, promoting understanding of enterprise standards and capabilities, and ensuring alignment with the enterprise data strategy and roadmap.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
* Develop function to work across business, operations, and technology teams to provide program oversight for all enterprise metadata initiatives, in a cost effective and sustainable manner
* Accountable for metadata Quality Assurance and Quality Control operations
* Accountable for metadata Business Operations: reporting, training, metrics collection, brand management, communications, and more
* Lead Process re-engineering and optimization activities, not only internal to metadata processes, but additionally in effort to influence peer data management teams
* Own end to end movement of metadata initiatives from current state to target state, including establishment of workflow and monitoring practices to ensure milestones are met
* Create and administer metadata training as part of the migration to target state
* Provide resource support to partners during metadata collection processes
* Accountable for metadata brand management, PPT creation, and regulatory response
* Represent the DMSs team in partner work efforts, providing data management experience, including an understanding of concepts, practices, procedures, and tools - providing strong analytical, innovative and creative problem solving skills
* Partner across related data management functions to ensure efficient operating models, reuse, and clear/consistent partner engagement
* Implement oversight procedures to ensure clear and accurate metadata content are standardized
* Develop short term and strategic processes and workflow to drive common metadata collection across applications and organizations with a focus on demonstrating clear business value
* Hire and manage full time, contract, and consultant resources, both on-shore and off-shore while optimizing the organizational structure to deliver efficient solutions
This role has a high level of exposure to analytics leadership across the Company as well as to partner organizations within and outside of DMI. There is a significant opportunity to influence the future of analytics at Wells Fargo and gain exposure to some of the most innovative areas of analytics, technology and data management in the industry today.
The preferred location(s) for this job opening are Charlotte, NC; Dallas/Irvine, TX; Minneapolis, MN; Phoenix/Tempe, AZ; Des Moines, IA and Ft. Mill South Carolina.
As a Team Member Manager, you are expected to achieve success by leading yourself, your team, and the business. Specifically you will:
* Lead your team with integrity and create an environment where your team members feel included, valued, and supported to do work that energizes them.
* Accomplish management responsibilities which include sourcing and hiring talented team members, providing ongoing coaching and feedback, recognizing and developing team members, identifying and managing risks, and completing daily management tasks.
Other Desired Qualifications
- 4+ years of Quality Assurance and Business Operations experience
- Experience in domain management, data dictionary and business glossary content
- Demonstrated ability to organize and manage multiple priorities and achieve results
- Data Lineage experience: PDE level lineage, lineage harvesting recommendations and system level data flows
- Experience with eONE, the Enterprise Data Environment (EDE), and data lakes
- Understanding of EDG Policy implementation
- Working knowledge of BCBS-239 principles and the G&O Framework
- Experience leading stakeholder teams to design and develop strategies incorporating the use of data
- Data governance and compliance experience
- Experience working with data governance tools (Collibra and Ab Initio) and other data technologies
- Knowledge of information architecture components, particularly taxonomies, ontologies, and controlled vocabularies
- Experience with industry taxonomies (i.e. FIBO, MISMO, Global ID)
- Track record of delivering significant analytic value in a line of business or function
- Deep familiarity with policies that impact analytics and analytic delivery for at least one business or function
- Experience implementing organizational procedures, operations, and applicable compliance rules and regulations across a broad number of teams and processes
- Broad familiarity with Wells Fargo data and platforms
- Experience leading cross-functional prioritization of resources, projects, and expectations for highly visible and enterprise impacting efforts
- BS/BA and/or Master’s degree in a quantitative field
All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.