Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Compliance Manager 4 PVSI Compliance
at Wells Fargo
At Wells Fargo, we want to satisfy our customers’ financial needs and help them succeed financially. We’re looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you’ll feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience.
Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
Corporate Risk helps all Wells Fargo businesses identify and manage risk. We focus on three key risk areas: credit risk, operational risk and market risk. We help our management and Board of Directors identify and monitor risks that may affect multiple lines of business, and take appropriate action when business activities exceed the risk tolerance of the company.
Wells Fargo Compliance is the company’s compliance independent risk management function, providing company-wide leadership, standards, support, and independent oversight to ensure that all front-line business groups abide by applicable laws, rules, regulations and regulatory guidance (regulatory requirements), meet compliance responsibilities, and manage compliance risks.
Wells Fargo Compliance credibly challenges management decisions, business processes and activities, and evaluates and assesses adherence to applicable regulatory requirements. It provides appropriate analysis, reporting, and escalation to senior management and the Board of Directors, sets minimum standards for the company, and gives advice, guidance, and support for compliance risk management activities across the enterprise.
Payments, Virtual Solutions and Innovations (PVSI) Compliance institutes the development, implementation, and execution of the compliance strategy for PVSI supporting its’ payments platforms including digital capabilities, online, mobile, and phone channels, and innovation teams. PVSI Compliance provides independent oversight and support to PVSI lines of business including Operations, Cards & Retail Services, Deposit Products Group, Wells Fargo Virtual Channels, Innovations, and Treasury, Merchant Payments & Solutions.
Successful candidate will have demonstrated ability to apply critical thinking talents to make independent assessments, articulate recommendations and defend conclusions. The position requires the ability to be proactive; to communicate and escalate compliance issues or possible issues as appropriate; to use logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to issues; to combine pieces of information to form general rules or conclusions; and to consider the implications of all options (benefits, costs and risk factors).
- Promote a strong Compliance culture throughout the Innovation Group, establishing Compliance priorities with senior management and communicating these priorities effectively.
- Develop and maintain regulatory relationships with all relevant regulators including (but not limited to) Federal Reserve, Office of the Comptroller of the Currency, Consumer Financial Protection Bureau as well as liaising with internal and external auditors and assist in managing responses and addressing compliance issues raised in audit reports & Self-Assessment reviews.
- Provide advice to business management in the development of policies and procedures for the Innovation Group, designed to achieve and ensure compliance with corporate and regulatory requirements and corporate policies.
- Assist in the preparation and delivery of compliance training and awareness programs.
- Identifying and investigating potential rule breaches, providing options available to manage and mitigate them, and coordinating corrective action with other control functions as necessary/required.
- Provide input into New Business Initiative Approvals involving business operations and assessing Compliance/Regulatory issues/impact of proposed new products and services.
- Identify and escalate emerging risks to management and risk partners, as appropriate. Collaborate with relevant lines of business, legal, and risk partners to document process and fulfillment concerns and propose solutions.
- Maintain and foster strong relationships with product teams, Control partners, legal, and other line of business to facilitate discussions and resolve issues.
As a Team Member Manager, you are expected to achieve success by leading yourself, your team, and the business. Specifically you will:
- Lead your team with integrity and create an environment where your team members feel included, valued, and supported to do work that energizes them.
- Accomplish management responsibilities which include sourcing and hiring talented team members, providing ongoing coaching and feedback, recognizing and developing team members, identifying and managing risks, and completing daily management tasks.
Preferred Location(s): Charlotte, NC; Des Moines, IA; St. Louis, MO; Minneapolis, MN; Denver, CO; Salt Lake City, UT; Phoenix, AZ; Portland, OR
Position may be open to other locations within the Wells Fargo footprint.
Relocation assistance is not available for this position.
Other Desired Qualifications
- Understanding of and/or experience with emerging technologies including, but not limited to, IoT, BlockChain, Artificial Intelligence (AI) and Chatbots.
- Ability to quickly understand new technology.
- Understanding of business processes and (digital) transformation.
- Extensive banking compliance experience with an in depth understanding of innovation.
- Experience with the interpretation of laws, rulings and regulations impacting the supported lines of business.
- Providing advice that protects the Bank’s reputation and mitigates regulatory risk.
NC-Charlotte: 401 S Tryon St - Charlotte, NC
IA-West Des Moines: 800 S Jordan Creek Pkwy - West Des Moines, IA
MO-Saint Louis: 1 N Jefferson Ave - Saint Louis, MO
MN-Minneapolis: 550 South 4th St - Minneapolis, MN
CO-Denver: 1700 Lincoln St - Denver, CO
UT-Salt Lake City: 299 S Main St - Salt Lake City, UT
AZ-PHX-Northwest Phoenix: 11601 N Black Canyon Hwy - Phoenix, AZ
OR-Portland: 2701 Nw Vaughn - Portland, OR
CORP RISK/CORPORATE RISK
All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.