Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Compliance Manager 4 - Wells Fargo Virtual Channels
at Wells Fargo
At Wells Fargo, we want to satisfy our customers’ financial needs and help them succeed financially. We’re looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you’ll feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience.
Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
Corporate Risk helps all Wells Fargo businesses identify and manage risk. We focus on three key risk areas: credit risk, operational risk and market risk. We help our management and Board of Directors identify and monitor risks that may affect multiple lines of business, and take appropriate action when business activities exceed the risk tolerance of the company.
Wells Fargo Compliance is the company’s compliance independent risk management function, providing company-wide leadership, standards, support, and independent oversight to ensure that all front-line business groups abide by applicable laws, rules, regulations and regulatory guidance (regulatory requirements), meet compliance responsibilities, and manage compliance risks. Wells Fargo Compliance credibly challenges management decisions, business processes and activities, and evaluates and assesses adherence to applicable regulatory requirements. It provides appropriate analysis, reporting, and escalation to senior management and the Board of Directors, sets minimum standards for the company, and gives advice, guidance, and support for compliance risk management activities across the enterprise.
Payments, Virtual Solutions and Innovations (PVSI) Compliance institutes the development, implementation, and execution of the compliance strategy for PVSI supporting its’ payments platforms including digital capabilities, online, mobile, and phone channels, and innovation teams. PVSI Compliance provides independent oversight and support to PVSI lines of business including Operations, Cards & Retail Services, Deposit Products Group, Wells Fargo Virtual Channels, Innovations, and Treasury, Merchant Payments & Solutions. There are two roles within Virtual Solutions Compliance team:
Role 1: Compliance Manager 4 - Wells Fargo Virtual Channels - Digital Channels
Role 2: Compliance Manager 4 - Wells Fargo Virtual Channels - Call Centers
Primary Duties and Responsibilities will include:
- Promote a strong Compliance culture throughout the Virtual Solutions line of business, establishing Compliance priorities with senior management and communicating these priorities effectively.
- Provide independent Compliance oversight, support and advice on Digital Channels or Call Centers regulatory compliance requirements, risks and compliance control effectiveness.
- Provide advice to business management in the development of policies, procedures and controls for the Digital Channels or Call Centers business, designed to achieve and ensure compliance with corporate and regulatory requirements and corporate policies.
- Assess New Business Initiatives (proposed new products and services) and other key business projects compliance risks; provide regulatory compliance requirements and controls, credible challenges and Compliance approvals.
- Identify and escalate emerging risks to management and risk partners as appropriate. Collaborate with relevant lines of business, legal and risk partners to document process and fulfillment concerns and propose solutions.
- Build and supervise a team of Compliance Consultants to assist in overseeing the day to day aspects of the Digital Channels or Contact Centers Compliance program.
- Monitor key business compliance controls, issue identification and timely resolution.
- Identifying and investigating potential rule breaches, providing options available to manage and mitigate them and coordinating corrective action with other control functions as necessary/required.
- Maintain and foster strong relationships with product teams, Control partners, legal and other line of business to facilitate discussions and resolve issues.
- Develop and maintain relationships with internal and external auditors and assist in managing responses and addressing compliance issues raised in audit reports & Self-Assessment reviews.
- Assist in the preparation and delivery of compliance training and awareness program.
- Successful candidate will have demonstrated ability to apply critical thinking talents to make independent assessments, articulate recommendations and defend conclusions.
- The position requires the ability to be proactive; to communicate and escalate compliance issues or possible issues as appropriate; to use logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to issues; to combine pieces of information to form general rules or conclusions; and to consider the implications of all options (benefits, costs and risk factors).
As a Team Member Manager, you are expected to achieve success by leading yourself, your team, and the business. Specifically you will:
- Lead your team with integrity and create an environment where your team members feel included, valued, and supported to do work that energizes them.
- Accomplish management responsibilities which include sourcing and hiring talented team members, providing ongoing coaching and feedback, recognizing and developing team members, identifying and managing risks, and completing daily management tasks.
- Charlotte, NC (401 S. Tryon St); Des Moines, IA.; Minneapolis, MN; St Louis, MN, Phoenix/Chandler, AZ ; San Francisco, CA; New York, NY
- Other locations will be considered within the Wells Fargo footprint (Salt Lake City, Denver, Portland)
Other Desired Qualifications
- Strong knowledge and in depth understanding of digital banking channels, digital services, functionality and payments OR Strong knowledge and in depth understanding of banking contact center environment and processes
- Experience with the interpretation of laws, rulings and regulations impacting the Digital Channels and Call Centers business and advise the business as appropriate, including (but not limited to) Reg E, Reg P, Reg B, Reg Z, AML/BSA, FCRA, UDAAP, eSign, Authentication as well as OCC guidances
- Ability to build and manage a team of Compliance Consultants that are subject matter experts in the Digital Channels or Call Centers
- Providing advice that protects the Bank’s reputation and mitigates regulatory risk
- Ability to work effectively and independently in a fast-paced, changing environment
- Strong experience in compliance, operational risk management (includes audit, legal, credit risk, market risk, or the management of a process or business with accountability for compliance or operational risk)
CORP RISK/CORPORATE RISK
All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.