Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Configuration Management Specialist
at Wells Fargo
At Wells Fargo, we have one goal: to satisfy our customers’ financial needs and help them achieve their dreams. We’re looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you’ll feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience.
Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
Enterprise Finance & Information Technology offers technology and services that exceed Wells Fargo customers’ expectations and directly enable them to succeed financially. We interact with customers more than 12 billion times a year through in-store, online, ATM, and telephone transactions. We impact customers directly, through systems availability and security, as well as indirectly, through our business partners who offer and deliver a myriad of products and services that meet customers’ financial needs. We provide a competitive advantage for the company through excellence in fundamentals, integrated partnerships, and our talented and engaged team members.
Wells Fargo has created a Service Asset and Configuration Management (SACM) organization to implement and execute the Configuration Management capabilities for all HW and SW assets for LOBs and legal entities across all technologies utilized by the enterprise. This position provides leadership for team members, stakeholders, and all business units in the development/implementation of practices and processes for enterprise-wide vulnerability remediation, IT Asset management, configuration management, the assessment/approval of program changes, and escalation management for issues between the technology Asset Classes. Further, this position will ensure that as new technology is introduced or other technology is retired, the program smoothly incorporates or divests those technologies in all related processes and documentation. This position is the caretaker of the configuration management repository and associated documentation. This work is of a highly complex nature requiring broad technical knowledge of applications, infrastructure and release management as well as the processes for deploying remediation solutions to systems within a controlled change structure. The outcome of this work is to render our IT environments protected against cyber-attacks intending to steal critical information or harm IT systems.
Key activities include:
- Plan and coordinate system configuration activities for timely completion.
- Maintain configuration management documentations for reference purposes.
- Develop process improvements to enhance configuration efficiency.
- Determine configuration requirements and develop system configuration procedures.
- Educate staffs about configuration policies and practices.
- Assist in developing tools to support daily configuration management activities.
- Follow and enforce configuration management policies and practices.
- Analyze and resolve configuration problems in a timely fashion.
- Communicate configuration discrepancies to Management for immediate resolutions.
- Assist in designing automation tools to support configuration procedures.
- Ensure that system configuration is executed in accordance with customer needs.
- Assist in configuration audits and implement audit recommendations.
- Review and assess exceptions for compliance, quality, and LOB needs.
Other Desired Qualifications
- 5+ years technical experience with one or more of the following (Operating Systems, Middleware, Database, Connectivity, Firmware, Applications)
- Previous configuration management experience
- Experience with CMBD tools (Remedy, Service Now, etc.)
- ITIL certification and implementation of service capabilities
- Previous governance or regulatory experience.
- Experience with information security.
- Experience with developing a configuration management policy and exception process
- Previous experience writing, updating corporate policy or regulatory policies
- Experience with configuration management policies and best practices
- Experience with IT Asset Management practices
- Experience with vulnerability remediation activities
- Must be able to coordinate multiple technology area resources to source input and achieve targeted timelines.
- Must be able to learn new technologies and organizations quickly, including the ability to understand and effectively partner with diverse organizations.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Works reliably, both independently and within a team environment, with limited supervision and guidance.
- Must display initiative in problem solving.
- Must be detail-oriented, and possess a strong, results-oriented work ethic.
- Experience successfully escalating issues and tracking to completion.
- Proven experience as a leader, with the ability to coordinate effective collaboration across a team of Project Managers focusing on different functional areas for the same project effort.
- Previous Wells Fargo and/or Wachovia technology experience.
- Require to work across all LOB’s and ability to present and communicate at various levels of the organization.
All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.