Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Financial Reporting Risk Issue Management Consultant
at Wells Fargo
At Wells Fargo, we want to satisfy our customers’ financial needs and help them succeed financially. We’re looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you’ll feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience.
Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
Enterprise Finance & Information Technology offers technology and services that exceed Wells Fargo customers’ expectations and directly enable them to succeed financially. We interact with customers more than 12 billion times a year through in-store, online, ATM, and telephone transactions. We impact customers directly, through systems availability and security, as well as indirectly, through our business partners who offer and deliver a myriad of products and services that meet customers’ financial needs. We provide a competitive advantage for the company through excellence in fundamentals, integrated partnerships, and our talented and engaged team members.
Wells Fargo is seeking a highly motivated individual to join our Enterprise Controls & Oversight (EC&O) Issue Management and Reporting team (resides within Corporate Controllers) and will have enterprise-wide exposure to key stakeholders within the external financial/risk/regulatory reporting infrastructure.
The successful candidate will be a highly motivated team player that is a self-starter who is accustomed to working in complex organizations with a diverse group of stakeholders, and someone who is able to withstand challenges and adapt accordingly. This individual should have COSO and/or Issue Management experience and practical experience with financial reports filed with the regulatory agencies (FRB, OCC, FDIC). Additionally, the candidate should possess a significant amount of professional presence and be accustomed to presenting material to senior executives. The candidate should be flexible, be able to withstand challenges and adapt accordingly.
The Enterprise Issue Management and Reporting team supports the Company’s on-going objective of maintaining an industry leading financial reporting control environment and is responsible for the following directives:
* Provide independent oversight and monitoring of issues impacting the COSO policy for internal controls over financial reporting (SEC and Regulatory Reporting) and other significant policies managed by EC&O to ensure compliance with Well Fargo & Company’s Issue Management and COSO polices.
* Provide credible challenge of issue risk levels, root cause identification, financial reporting impact and the appropriateness of remediation actions and timelines
* Monitor the progress of remediation actions taken to resolve known issues, escalating to senior management as applicable
* Evaluate control related issues to provide input on the evaluation of severity of control deficiencies
* Analyze populations of control related issues to identify thematic or emerging control related issue trends
* Report thematic issue trends associated with COSO impactful issues to senior management and governance committees
* Liaise with control executive and risk management partners across the enterprise on issue management activities
* Provide guidance, oversight and training on Issue Management requirements to business partners and issue owners
Other Desired Qualifications
* Experience with Wells Fargo risk systems such as Shared Risk Platform (SHRP), Risk and
* Control Self-Assessment (RCSA), or Control Risk Analysis System (CRAS+)
* Experience with governance and oversight requirements for regulatory and risk reporting
All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.