Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Operational Risk Consultant 4 - IT Issues Management
at Wells Fargo
At Wells Fargo, we have one goal: to satisfy our customers’ financial needs and help them achieve their dreams. We’re looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you’ll feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience.
Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
Enterprise Information Technology (EIT) offers technology and services that exceed Wells Fargo customers’ expectations and directly enable them to succeed financially. We interact with customers more than 12 billion times a year through in-store, online, ATM, and telephone transactions. We impact customers directly, through systems availability and security, as well as indirectly, through our business partners who offer and deliver a myriad of products and services that meet customers’ financial needs. We provide a competitive advantage for the company through excellence in fundamentals, integrated partnerships, and our talented and engaged team members.
Technology Risk Management resides within the Enterprise Information Technology (EIT) organization. Its functions improve how we own, assess, manage, and report technology risks, while ensuring that we have strong technology risk expertise, employ the concept of risk management as a utility - operationalizing for efficiency, and move us to progressive risk management based on data and analytical processes. The Central Risk Services Team resides within the Technology Risk Management function and has responsibility for Risk Assessments, Audit & Issue Management, Reporting, Metrics, Cross Functional Programs and a newly formed function which will serve as an independent tollgate across EIT issue management with a focus on our most critical programs across EIT - Issue Assurance.
This role will focus on Issues Management including:
- Reviewing new issues and CAs for compliance with Issues Management policy and Issue/CA writing standards
- Entering new issues and maintaining data compliance within the Shared Risk Platform (SHRP) Issues Management module
- Building and maintaining strong relationships with key stakeholders and being "an agent of change", particularly in relation to the Issue Management framework
- Providing credible challenge in a constructive manner to all levels of leadership
- Encouraging and facilitating our approach, including cross-functional / cross divisional cooperation and eliminating any form of silo mentality
- Contributing proactively towards developing detailed procedures, guidance and FAQs for the Issue Management process as well as identifying, assessing and prioritizing process improvements and system enhancements
- This is a highly visible role requiring strong interpersonal skills, organizational capabilities, presentation skills and leadership capabilities.
Other Desired Qualifications
- Experience with Issues Management policy requirements and execution
- Experience within information technology oversight programs that align to a Technology Business function (i.e. consumer, commercial, infrastructure, capital markets and or wealth/brokerage etc.)
- Experience in compliance, operational risk, IT systems security, business process mgmt. or financial services (includes audit, legal, credit risk, market risk, or the management of a process or business with accountability for compliance or operational risk).
- Broad and significant knowledge of technology and the associated challenges, risks and required controls
- Demonstrated knowledge of Technology and Security risk framework - COBIT, FFIEC, NIST, ITIL, COSO, BASEL, and OCC Heightened Standards
- Track record of providing constructive challenge with appropriate issue escalation and offering solution
- Strong ability and experience working with and collaborating with leaders and team members at all levels and across functional lines
- Demonstrated ability to manage in a matrix environment both domestically and internationally
- Comprehensive knowledge and understanding of strategic elements of financial, operational, technical and regulatory environments across a complex global services environment
All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.