Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Operational Risk Consultant 5 - Operational Risk Analytics and Intelligence, Data Management Consultant
at Wells Fargo
At Wells Fargo, we want to satisfy our customers’ financial needs and help them succeed financially. We’re looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you’ll feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience.
Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
Corporate Risk helps all Wells Fargo businesses identify and manage risk. We focus on three key risk areas: credit risk, operational risk and market risk. We help our management and Board of Directors identify and monitor risks that may affect multiple lines of business, and take appropriate action when business activities exceed the risk tolerance of the company.
Within Corporate Risk, the Operational Risk Group is responsible for independently overseeing the management of operational risk exposures (including monitoring and reporting on aggregate operational risk exposures across groups, legal entities, geographies and jurisdictions) and the quality of operational risk management practices across the company. Responsibilities of this group include:
- Developing, maintaining, and ensuring adherence to enterprise-wide risk frameworks, policies, standards and procedures that are aligned with the board-approved risk appetite statements;
- Providing subject matter expertise, advising on risk management best practices and conducting analysis to strengthen risk posture;
- Oversee first line of defense in implementing the requisite controls, processes, and systems to comply with applicable laws, rules and regulations, as well as Wells Fargo frameworks, policies and procedures;
- Credibly challenging management’s decisions, business processes and activities; and
- Escalating operational and compliance concerns and issues (including breaches and near breaches of relevant risk appetite tolerances and limits) to senior management and the Board, as appropriate.
The Data Management Consultant is responsible for partnering with peer stakeholder groups in the Analytics and Intelligence team, as well as across Operational Risk, to ensure that data, metrics and analytics are well controlled and in compliance with enterprise expectations.
Responsibilities may include:
- Ensure that data used in key reports conforms to Enterprise policies and standards for metadata, data quality, as defined by an overarching data management roadmap;
- Manage and sustain key supporting taxonomies for Operational Risk in partnership with the Operational Risk Reporting and Governance team;
- Document, manage and sustain the Operational Risk metrics catalog;
- Facilitate any qualitative needs related to Operational Risk Appetite or KIP metrics;
- Participate in any ongoing regulatory, Audit or Enterprise efforts related to oversight and control of data.
Location: Open to any location in the Wells Fargo footprint.
Wells Fargo & Company (NYSE: WFC) is a diversified, community-based financial services company. Founded in 1852 and headquartered in San Francisco, Wells Fargo provides banking, insurance, investments, mortgage, and consumer and commercial finance through our many locations, ATMs, the internet (wellsfargo.com) and mobile banking. To learn more, Wells Fargo perspectives are also available at Wells Fargo Blogs and Wells Fargo Stories..
Other Desired Qualifications
- 3+ years in data management related areas, such as metadata/lineage, data governance and/or data quality.
- An understanding and demonstrated proficiency in data controls, such as metadata/lineage, data quality and data sourcing.
- An extensive background in executing on data management/governance frameworks in risk organizations.
- Basic understanding of how data is used and managed within risk environments.
- Experience working with Enterprise teams to understand and execute on requirements.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively in a matrixed organization, develop partnerships with many business and functional areas.
- Relevant experience working with cross functional business teams implementing and driving consensus.
- Proven experience in building partnerships, collaborating and influencing at senior levels and across lines of business as well as with corporate partners.
CORP RISK/CORPORATE RISK
All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.