Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Operational Risk Manager 3 - Self Assurance
at Wells Fargo
At Wells Fargo, we want to satisfy our customers’ financial needs and help them succeed financially. We’re looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you’ll feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience.
Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
The Wells Fargo Deposit Products Group (DPG) offers innovative checking, savings and payment solutions that form the core of our customers' relationship with Wells Fargo and fulfill a broad array of their financial needs. We make our products and services intuitive so they are simple to use and fully integrated to deliver a superior customer experience through all of our channels. DPG products include Business Deposits; Consumer
Deposits; Debit and Prepaid Cards; and Global Remittance Services: Wells Fargo ExpressSend®Service.
This position will support the development, maintenance, and execution of DPG "self-assurance activities" to confirm that risk mitigating controls assigned to various business processes are operating as designed and expected.
Self-assurance activities (SAA) will provide opportunities for self-identification of issues, root cause analysis, reporting, resolution of process and control deficiencies and potential adverse customer impacts.
SAA will be conducted on a routine and recurring basis. Documentation, recurring reporting, and periodic attestation of SAA activities will be required.
In addition, this role may be asked to fulfill any of the following as outlined in the Job Family description: Responsible for managing the development, implementation and monitoring of a risk-based program for a business or large functional area with moderate to high risk and complexity to identify, assess and mitigate operational risk that arises from inadequate or failed internal processes, people, systems or external events. Maintains a balance between risk mitigation and operational efficiency.
May provide oversight to a comparable area. Works with and influences senior operational risk and business management to identify, formulate, and implement operational risk policies, procedures and controls for the respective business and/or functional area to mitigate risk. Provides operational risk expertise to business projects and initiatives and participates in the development of risk rating systems.
Represents assigned area on all operational risk matters requiring review and approval by senior management. Work is accomplished through managers/consultants/specialists as well as cross-functional/virtual teams.
As a Team Member Manager, you are expected to achieve success by leading yourself, your team, and the business. Specifically you will:
* Lead your team with integrity and create an environment where your team members feel included, valued, and supported to do work that energizes them.
* Accomplish management responsibilities which include sourcing and hiring talented team members, providing ongoing coaching and feedback, recognizing and developing team members, identifying and managing risks, and completing daily management tasks.
Other Desired Qualifications
- Compliance, operational risk experience management; business process management, or other financial services (e.g. audit)
- Strong analytical skills with attention to detail and accuracy
- Strong, proactive leadership
- Demonstrated ability to ensure high quality output from self and team
- Ability to effectively communicate, verbal and written, with various levels of management, including senior leaders and executives
- Demonstrated application of effective credible challenge
- Demonstrated ability to design, implement and monitor internal controls
- Knowledge and understanding of Quality Assurance (QA) or Audit program development and implementation of testing practices/processes
- Business process improvement and/or process risk management experience
- Experience working with change management related to policy, controls, or regulations
- Knowledge and understanding of Shared Risk Platform (SHRP) such as reporting and issue management
- Strong working knowledge of applicable Corp Policy requirements (Issue Management, Business Process Risk Management, Operational Risk Framework, and Self-Assurance Activities)
All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.