Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Operational Risk Manager 4
at Wells Fargo
At Wells Fargo, we have one goal: to satisfy our customers’ financial needs and help them achieve their dreams. We’re looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you’ll feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience.
Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
Consumer Banking is an industry leader in supporting homeowners and consumers in addition to operating one of the most extensive banking franchises in the country. We serve customers through approximately 6,000 branches and 13,000 ATMs in 39 states and the District of Columbia. We serve mass market, affluent, and small business customers; as well as provide home and personal lending. Our focus is on delivering an exceptional experience for our customers through financial advice and guidance coupled with providing the products and services that will help them realize their financial hopes and dreams. We’ve built our team of top professionals by rewarding their accomplishments and ensuring they have what's needed to succeed.
The consumer Control Executive team is accountable for assessing and effectively managing risks on behalf of Consumer Lending and Community Banking. The Consumer Control Executive team maintains dedicated teams coordinating all front-line risk management responsibilities. The Conduct Risk Control leader and team are responsible for translating and implementing IRM conduct policies to ensure consistency across Consumer’s lines of business. The team is responsible for executing a holistic view across Consumer when identifying needs and designing controls for and across major end-to-end business processes and developing updates to controls based on IRM, audit feedback, and regulatory exams.
The Sales and Service Conduct Oversight Team (SSCOT) within the Consumer Banking Control Conduct Risk team plays a key role in identifying, assessing, managing, and mitigating risks associated with sales and service conduct activities for Consumer Banking and Wells Fargo Virtual Channels (WFVC) - Contact Centers through the following key objectives:
- Conducting research on sales practices risk behavior related allegations as defined by the Allegations Management Policy
- Proactively identifying team members engaging in inappropriate sales practices risk behaviors
- Providing trend based reporting to Line of Business management on sales practices risk behavior allegations
- Informing Line of Business team members on sales practices risk behavior guidelines, policies and procedure adherence
- Partnering with risk, compliance, legal and independent risk management functions to ensure adherence to regulatory updates and enterprise policies
- Informing independent risk management functions on consumer metrics for the Risk Appetite and Key Risk Indicators (KRI)
This senior leader will be responsible for developing and overseeing a new team within SSCOT responsible for centralized quality assurance, delivering on ad-hoc data requests, building reporting requirements, adding business context and analysis to standard ongoing reporting, providing consultation regarding sales and service conduct trends to senior leaders within Regional Banking and Contact Centers, partnering with the Conduct Management Office and delivering on various internal business initiatives. The successful candidate will build and manage a team of managers and consultants and will report to the leader of SSCOT. Specifically this leader will be responsible for:
- Building a team responsible for informing SSCOT reporting requirements, conducting analysis and applying business context to data, communicating to line of business and executive management, and other department initiatives
- Working closely with Consumer Control Monitoring & Surveillance Analytics to collaborate regarding SSCOT data and reporting and monitoring
- Providing consultation to line of business management regarding SSCOT trends
- Working closely with business partners including but not limited to, the Conduct Management Office, Law Department, Wells Fargo Audit Services, and Internal investigations
- Collaborating with and providing subject matter expertise to key stakeholders related to SSCOT trends and emerging behaviors
- Overseeing the Centralized Quality Assurance team within SSCOT
- Maintaining the appropriate stature and relationship with senior management to effectively facilitate discussions and resolve issues
Other Desired Qualifications
- Experience drafting reports of findings and providing recommendations to business management
- Experience collaborating with management to develop corrective action plans to mitigate risks
- Experience effectively interacting with a broad range of risk professionals, senior management, and regulators
CA-Folsom: 1110 Iron Point Road - Folsom, CA
AZ-PHX-Northwest Phoenix: 11601 N Black Canyon Hwy - Phoenix, AZ
TX-San Antonio: 4101 Wiseman Blvd - San Antonio, TX
All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.