Gila River Hotels & Casinos
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Gila River Hotels & Casinos
This position will actively supervise, coach, counsel, direct, train, and mentor employees in meeting the Enterprise's quality standards. This position is also responsible for preparing all types of hot and cold items in the dining areas of the enterprise and performs duties related to preparation of food and beverage items prepared in the restaurant outlets. The Kitchen Supervisor will actively and independently manage all aspects of employee relations to ensure a positive, harmonious, compliant and cooperative work environment within the Kitchen areas, as well as demonstrating the GILA WAY.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Promotes and provides excellent guest service experiences to both internal and external guests.
- Responsible for providing high quality, fresh ho and cold food items using standardized recipes and methods of preparation.
- Maintains a neat and orderly food preparation environment by cleaning in a timely manner immediately following preparation.
- Provides quality assurance to all products produced by the kitchen prior to service.
- Maintains a dependable work attendance record with extremely infrequent absences and/or lateness.
- Performs other special projects and duties as assigned.
Directly supervises multiple employees. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws.
Skill / Requirements
- High School Diploma or equivalent required.
- Experienced in Kitchen Operations.
- Supervisory experience preferred.
- Must have various experience levels in volume feeding, catering, baking and pastry, and purchasing storage and handling.
- Must be able to acquire and maintain a valid Gila River Environmental Health Food Handlers Card, Blood-Borne Pathogens (BBP) and other required compliance trainings.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, both written and oral.
- Skills in the use of personal computers, Microsoft Office Suite Software, email and enterprise specific programs.
There are suitability standards that all applicants must meet in order to obtain employment with Gila River Gaming Enterprises, Inc. Applicants who have felonies, warrants, outstanding tickets, shoplifting or theft convictions will be ineligible for employment.