Gila River Hotels & Casinos
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Poker Dual Rate
at Gila River Hotels & Casinos
As a dual-rate, this position is responsible for performing all dealer/supervisor duties and providing a memorable experience for patrons while protecting the assets and following the policies and procedures of the enterprise. While performing the duties as a supervisor, this position is responsible for game integrity and player ratings as well as complete knowledge and implementation of approved table games procedures and operating standards.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Promotes and provides excellent guest service experience to both internal and external guests.
- Responsible for prompt, courteous and accurate dealing of assigned game in accordance with enterprise's procedure manual.
- Observes players to protect the integrity of the game, promotes positive guest relations, assists players with rules of play and ensures adherence to established regulations, policies and procedures.
- Ensures compliance with Gila River Casinos and Arizona Department of Gaming Compact rules and regulations and internal controls.
- Maintains full alertness and knowledge of who is participating in each hand through verbal communication with all players.
- Performs other special projects and duties as assigned.
Directly supervises multiple poker employees when performing in supervisory role on a given shift. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organizations's policies and applicable laws.
Skill / Requirements
- High School Diploma or GED and at least one year of table games dealing experience preferred.
- Must successfully pass a dealing audition.
- Must possess strong customer service skills with the ability to promote and market all aspects of Poker.
- Ability to perform the GILA WAY which is as follows; Greet our guest, Interact positively with our guest, Listen actively to our guest, Appreciate our guest.
- Must pass a pre-employment drug/alcohol test and agree to maintain a Drug-Free Workplace as a condition of employment.
- Must pass a full background check to be certified/licensed prior to employment.
- Must be able to work in a smoking environment.
There are suitability standards that all applicants must meet in order to obtain employment with Gila River Gaming Enterprises, Inc. Applicants who have felonies, warrants, outstanding tickets, shoplifting or theft convictions will be ineligible for employment.
The Gila River Gaming Enterprises, Inc. is also committed to achieving full equal opportunity without discrimination based on race, religion, color, sex, national origin, politics, marital status, physical disability, age or sexual orientation.