Gila River Hotels & Casinos
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Regulatory Compliance Officer
at Gila River Hotels & Casinos
This position is responsible for ensuring compliance throughout the enterprise with all State, Federal, Tribal and Internal regulations through review and knowledge of regulations, assistance with audits, ensuring proper training and providing timely information to enterprise employees.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Reviews policies, procedures and practices to ensure compliance with State, Federal, Tribal and internal regulations.
- Takes steps necessary to ensure full communication and understanding of regulatory requirements at all enterprise levels.
- Monitors all cash activity within the enterprise to ensure Title 31 (BSA) compliance.
- Maintains up-to-date knowledge of all regulatory changes.
- Monitors regulatory practices by other gaming enterprises in order to determine and implement best practices within this enterprise.
- Maintains updated knowledge of the Bank Secrecy Act's anti money laundering.
- Proposes and documents enterprise policies, procedures and GICs.
- Communicates about and creates cooperation between Internal Audit/Tribal Gaming Office, and all Managers/Executives.
- Performs other special projects and duties as assigned.
Skill / Requirements
- Bachelor's degree in a management or accounting discipline is preferred, with five to eight years of regulatory compliance and casino operations experience.
- Must possess excellent customer service skills, strong professional etiquette and be a self-starter with the ability to multitask, follow-up and complete tasks in a timely manner with minimum supervision.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships as well as to gain the cooperation of patrons, employees and fellow staff members.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to lift or move up to 50 pounds.
- Must pass a pre-employment drug/alcohol test and pass a full background check to be certified/license prior to employment.
- Must be able to work in a smoking environment
Preference is given to qualified members of the Gila River Indian Community. Preference in filling vacancies is given to qualified Native American candidates in accordance with the Indian Preference Act (Title 25, U. S. Code, Section 472 and 473). The Gila River Casino is also committed to achieving full equal opportunity without discrimination based on race, religion, color, sex, national origin, politics, marital status, physical disability, age or sexual orientation.
INDIVIDUALS WITH FELONY CONVICTIONS ARE NOT ELIGIBLE TO APPLY.
In the Entertainment Industry, one may be subject to a work environment containing excessive noise, smoke, and stress.