YMCA of San Diego County
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Director of Facilities Management
at YMCA of San Diego County
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 13640
Categories: Non-Profit/Social Services, Management - Mid-Level (Manager, Director), Management - ALL CATEGORIES
At the Y, it’s more than a job – it’s bettering our community.
Ready to join us?
Y our non-profit organization?
- Complimentary Y Membership for the entire family
- Opportunities for Professional Growth
- Community Involvement & Development
- Benefits Package
- Medical, Dental, Vision and Life Insurance
- PTO (Sick time, vacation days, personal days and holidays)
- Retirement Contributions
- Discounts on Family Programs
What does this role entail?
- Builds and supervises staff to ensure their work is performed in highly collaborative, cross-functional and results oriented fashion
- Partner with peers/counterparts in Facilities, EHS, Aquatics, Capital Projects, IT, HR, Finance and other Association departments
- Ensure adequate coverage to address any aquatic/facilities issues at all hours
- Interviews, hires, supervises, evaluates, develops, manages and sets work schedules of assigned staff
- Responsible for the development and implementation of effective strategies, facilities maintenance and efficiency
- Reviews and evaluates region’s performance and develops corrective actions plans regularly
- Supervises and controls activities involving facilities inspections and audits by all public health and environmental bodies and ensures observance of applicable laws, codes and ordinances
- Handles any violations received by representing the Association at hearings
- Maintains responsibility for organization’s transportation vehicles by ensuring appropriate schedule of maintenance and repair, current registrations and authorized drivers list
- Plans, schedules and inspects short and long-term facilities maintenance management
- Oversees preventive maintenance initiatives and repair/installation projects including oversight of outside contractors/vendors
- Establishes systems to develop staff to meet performance and safety standards
- Oversees security programs and Fire Prevention Systems
- Processes quarterly, semi-annual and annual audits
- Proactively generate, maintain and evaluate budgets ensuring all budgets meet defined outcome
What do I need to bring do the table?
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Facilities Management or equivalent combination of education and experience required
- 10+ years of progressive experience and responsibility in a facility maintenance field, 7+ year of which are in a supervisory position directing a multi-functional maintenance staff at multiple sites
- Management level work experience that demonstrates effective leadership, technical knowledge and interpersonal skills
- Prove experience building, developing and implementing budgets
- Experience effectively leading teams, fostering strong working relationships, implementing initiatives and administrative procedures and enforcing safety regulations
- Multi-site facility preventative maintenance planning experience
- Strong understanding of mechanical systems, use of hand and power tools, and working knowledge of general carpentry, electrical HVAC, plumbing, painting, landscaping, custodial practices
- IFMA (Certified Facility Manager) or Facility Management Professional License
- Driver’s License Required
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) preferred
- Ability to lift 50 lbs.
- Working knowledge of all regulatory codes (i.e. UBC, CBC, CALOSHA, ADA, CEQA, DEH, AQMD, BPA, etc.)
- Ability to plan, organize and supervise the work of skilled and semi-skilled personnel
- Ability to analyze complex data and handle multiple tasks and changing priorities and situations
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, including Excel, Word and Outlook
- Ability to learn/implement Support Services Web-based Work Order System, Building Monitoring Systems, etc.
- Strong analytical skills and business mathematical skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and ability to interact respectfully and effectively with all staff and members
- Visual and auditory ability to respond to critical incidents and the physical ability to act swiftly in an emergency
- CPR and First Aid Certification, must include both Adult & Child/Infant, within 30 days of hire and must be from one of the following certifying organizations:
- American Red Cross
- American Heart Association
- American Safety & Health Institute
Please click on the link below to apply for this position. A new window will open and direct you to apply at our corporate careers page. We look forward to hearing from you!