YMCA of San Diego County
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Manager On Duty
at YMCA of San Diego County
Under the direction of the Youth Sports Director, the Manager on Duty oversees all operations of facility and ensures that the staff provides excellent member services to all members and participants, as scheduled. The Manager on Duty will ensure the facility is running smoothly and safely and members' needs are being addressed.
This position is part-time and must be available for a variety of shifts: Mon-Fri 4:30am-10:30pm; Sat-Sun 6:30am-7:30pm.
What a Manager on Duty Does...
- Open and/or close (secure) the facility including the alarm system. Evaluate, report, and solve problems if alarm system goes off.
- Facilitate excellent customer service by greeting people as they enter the branch, arranging or conducting tours as needed, handling member/participant complaints, and ensuring that members/participants and staff follow established safety policies and procedures.
- Handle cash, issue receipts, and follow monetary procedures to ensure that money is handled properly.
- Assist front desk staff as necessary during peak volume and during lunch breaks.
- Provide open communication among all staff and members.
- Facilitate program by interacting with program staff to ensure that all scheduled programs and activities are carried out on scheduled and perform Quick Checks in all departments.
- Develop and maintain a working MOD log to enhance communication with staff.
- Perform all other work order/tasks as assigned by supervisor.
What We Look for in a Manager on Duty...
- Must be at least 21 years of age.
- This position requires a professional manner with excellent customer service, organizational, problem solving, staff interaction and supervision, and decision making skills.
- Must be self motivated and able to work with minimal supervision.
- Must ensure all participants follow established procedures and guidelines, and relate well with a diverse culture of adults and children.
- Requires ability to supervise and motivate membership staff and provide excellent customer service.
- Responsible for overseeing all branch activities during their shift and to check for any problems that need to be addresses immediately.
- Requires standing and data entry for extended periods of time and having physical ability to act swiftly in any emergency.
- Current CPR and First Aid certification required and must be from one of the following certifying organization: American Red Cross, American Heart Association or American Safety & Health Institute.
- O2 certification required within 30 days of hire and must be from one of the following certifying organization: American Red Cross, American Heart Association or American Safety & Health Institute.
- Must be enthusiastically committed to the YMCA mission, including character development and member involvement strategies.
- Must have wide availability. Shifts include: Mon-Fri 4:30am-10:30pm; Sat-Sun 6:30am-7:30pm.