YMCA of San Diego County
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Resident Supervisor II - OZ San Diego
at YMCA of San Diego County
Responsible to conduct all client screenings and provide milieu treatment, supervision, and coordination of all activities of the residents and their visitors. Responsible to assure maintenance of a safe, clean and nurturing living environment for the residents.
What We Look for in a Resident Supervisor...
- Conduct client-screening interviews and assess service needs via phone. Collect initial fees and do orientation of residents. Make counseling assignments.
- Provide crises intervention, situational and group counseling to residents and phone clients.
- Participate in milieu treatment planning and implementation.
- Be aware of and coordinate daily activities of residents; i.e., chore assignments, medical treatment, checkout.
- Be aware of and coordinate with clinical treatment plan; i.e., exchange of information with counselors and planning around residents' attendance in counseling sessions.
- Attend all required staff meetings and trainings.
- Make daily milieu case notes on each resident and log on grid sheet.
- Maintain all statistical record entries accurately.
- Be aware of and coordinate maintenance of the house. Record all repair needs in the Maintenance Log and note all janitorial supply needs.
- Perform other administrative tasks as assigned and assist with maintaining proper document storage and auditing.
- Provide phone coverage during assigned shifts, evenings, and/or weekends.
- Serve as the facility's nutritional monitor.
- Must be able to work evening and weekend shifts, as well as work up to 15 hour shifts.
- Coordinate with Program Administrator to provide tutoring and curriculum implementation to residents as needed during school hours.
- Transport residents to medical appointments, court dates, and ILS appointments as needed and as directed by the Program Administrator.
- Supervise the completion of resident Target Objectives, both in relation to staff implementation, and resident completion.
What a Resident Supervisor II Does...
- Six months of experience in residential treatment preferred.
- BA in human science field and knowledge of adolescent development is desirable. Must be an adult role model with the ability to effectively set limits and function in crises-oriented and high stress situations.
- Must be able to work as part of a team.
- Must have ambulatory, auditory and visual skills to observe and physically intervene with residents when required.
- Must have the physical ability to lead and interact in-group activities and perform related physical skills.
- Current CPR and First Aid certification required and must be from one of the following certifying organization: American Red Cross, American Heart Association or American Safety & Health Institute.
Employment contingent upon successful clearance of:
- General Health Screening/TB test
- Live Scan Fingerprinting
- Ability to pass YMCA of San Diego County Driving requirements; Drug Screening