YMCA of San Diego County
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Site Supervisor (Licensed)
at YMCA of San Diego County
Current Site Supervisor (Licensed) Opportunities:
- Palomar Family YMCA (Escondido)
Seeking knowledgeable and experienced Child & Youth Development professionals to provide leadership and supervision to a licensed YMCA before & after school program in the role of Site Supervisor. As the leader of the program, the Site Supervisor works directly with their staff team to create a welcoming and safe environment that supports student academic success, character development and an ever evolving calendar of activities that reflect the interests of the school, participants, staff and parents/guardians. Candidates must have experience supervising staff, as a major focus of the position includes training, feedback and accountability of the team. This role is also responsible for program operation, youth supervision, planning, family and school relations, reporting, documentation, and regulation compliance of a program.
The Site Supervisor (Licensed) position can be Full Time or Part Time, depending on the branch:
- Part Time staff receive a free family membership, paid sick leave (once accrued) and paid training & professional development opportunities.
- Full Time staff receive a benefits package that includes medical, dental and vision options, an automatic 12% 401k contribution (once vested), a free family YMCA membership, paid training & professional development opportunities.
All YMCA staff have a great opportunity to be a part of an organization that positively impacts the lives of others!
What the Site Supervisor Does…
- Assist with the day-to-day administration and leadership of the site and ensure Association policies and procedures are being followed.
- Facilitate and lead daily group activities with youth in accordance with the daily and monthly planning.
- Actively supervise program participants, ensuring their guidance and safety at all times.
- Communicate in a timely, positive and professional manner with all participants, families, school and district personnel, and community partners.
- Collaborate with school personnel and program partners to align high quality academic activities and coordinate student services.
What We Look for in the Site Supervisor …
- Must be 21 years of age or older and a high school graduate.
- One or more of the following:
- Completion, with passing grades, of 15 semester units in Child Development (CD) or related field including: 3 units in CD/ECE or related field , 3 units in child growth and development, 3 units in child, family and community, 3 units in program/curriculum, and 3 units in Administration of Child Care Programs. AA or BA in Child Development is highly desirable. (Related fields can include: Arts, Early Childhood Education, Education, Humanities, Physical Education, Psychology, Recreation, Sociology, and Theater)
- Completion, with passing grades, of the 12 units with 3 more units of current enrollment in Administration of Child Care Programs will be considered.
- AA or higher degree in CD or ECE.
- Child Development Site Supervisor Permit or higher.
- Minimum of 1-4 years working in a child and youth development, education, or comparable setting:
- 1 year with a BA/BS Degree in Child Development or Early Childhood Education.
- 1 year with a Child Development Site Supervisor Permit.
- 2 years with an AA Degree in Child Development or Early Childhood Education.
- 4 years, otherwise.
- Pediatric CPR and First Aid certification required within 30 days of hire, unless specified otherwise on contract, and must be from one of the following certifying organization: American Red Cross or American Heart Association.